Chapter 47

Alexia POV

I'm awakened by the bright sunlight creeping in through the windows, its warmth burning my skin. Opening my eyes I realize something's different, I'm not in my bed, I'm not in my room and as I glance down I see that my head is nestled on Louis' chest.

Louis. Last night flashes through my mind. The story of his parents death. The explanation of his life with the Styles family. The kiss we shared.

The kiss. My lips still tingle with the feeling of his. I hadn't had a kiss like that before. I hadn't gotten that feeling with Niall, the feeling of my body on fire and ice running through my veins at the exact same time.

I look at Louis' face, peacefully in slumber, his lips relaxed, hair a bit rustled and head slumped against his neck.

I can't quite remember how we ended up in this position, but I would be lying if I didn't say I didn't find it at least somewhat enjoyable. I sit up slowly, not wanting to wake the slumbering Louis. What did all of this mean?

I glance down at my phone only to realize that I've missed one of my classes and I have ten minutes before the next one starts. I look back at Louis sound asleep next to me. Should I wake him? Should I just go on to class?

The mental pro and cons list goes on for a few minutes, but eventually I decide that I'll just leave him a small note. It was probably better this way, I wasn't ready to face him after the events of last night. After last night things would be different, things were different, and I wasn't sure I was ready to bring these differences into the light. 

I scribble a quick note on a yellow sticky note and set in on the couch next to Louis, then sneak off to my class, praying that no one remembers what I had on yesterday. 

The day drags on, and I find my mind constantly drifting to imagine a particular set of baby blue eyes. What had happened to me? I used to be so focused, so driven by my ambitions and my future that I wouldn't let even the smallest of distractions get in my way. 

And now look at me, I was sitting in class dreaming of a certain British boy who just may have stolen my heart. 

"Where were you last night?" Marie asks with a smirk that tells me she has already imagined some ridiculous scenario in her mind about how the previous night unfolded. 

"Working on our chemistry project." I say nonchalantly. 

"And did you sleep?" she laughs.

"I didn't have any intentions of falling asleep on a couch with my homework in my lap last night if that's what your asking, but yes I did get some sleep." I sigh. 

"And what happened?" Marie continues.

"What is this an interrogation?" I laugh.

"Well, you can't just look like your head is in the clouds Alexia and then not tell me what on earth is going on."

Did I look like my head was in the clouds? It surely felt that way, with my mind flashing to pictures of Louis every five seconds, the thought of him making my heart beat a little faster.

"We had a moment." I say trying to keep the emotion off of my face. It was far more than a moment though it was the culmination of many moments leading us to this point, and now it was an endless minute racing through my mind.

"Moment can mean a lot of things Alexia. Define "a moment"." Marie throws her hands up in air quotations and I sigh, unsure of how to explain this feeling to my friend.

"We just had this long talk, about his life and getting put together as lab partners and just how much the semester has changed us. And then, we kissed."

"About time" Marie says with a laugh. I give her a questioning look. "Oh c'mon Alexia you guys have had the whole quarreling lovers thing down to a science all semester. Eventually you were going to stop being so stubborn and release how entirely obvious the attraction between you two was to every but yourselves."

"It wasn't like that..." I trail off then glance at my roommate, "Was it?"

She nods and I roll my eyes. While I'd admit there had always been some sort of tension between Louis and I, I couldn't believe that it would come off as us being enamored with each other. It wasn't until recently that we had started to form a friendship, but before that I hated his guts.

Or had I been wrong? Resenting Louis for his every move and thinking he was one of the most arrogant human beings on the planet, was that just me trying to push away the feeling of attraction to him. It was true that Louis brought out a side of me that I had never seen before, but whether or not this side was a good one was something I hadn't quite decided on yet.

"So are you guys?" Marie doesn't finish the question because I know what she is asking even before the words leave her mouth.

"No. I don't know." I sigh. The question of what this all meant had been looping through my head all day. I would love to know the answer to that question right now.

"He didn't say anything about it this morning?" Marie questions.

"He was sleeping this morning." I say, picturing the slumbering Louis resting peacefully on the couch. He had looked so vulnerable, so sincere, so unlike the Louis I had first encountered all those weeks ago.

"Alexia Hollaway, please don't tell me you just got up and left like some one night stand."

I look down at the ground, in hindsight it wasn't the best move in the book, but in my defense I hadn't heard from Louis all day either, so maybe he was regretting opening up to me?

Now my mind was cycling a million miles a minute again, overthinking everything that had happened. I couldn't do this right now, I needed a break.

"Can we grab dinner? I'm starving." I attempt to avert the subject and it seems to work, because Marie nods.

"I'll text Zayn to meet us there." She begins to gather her things and I breathe a sigh of relief knowing the interrogation is over.

"But just so you know this conversation isn't over."

I guess I spoke too soon.

*************************
Ahh Can't believe we are approaching what I think are the final two chapters! Thanks everyone for reading to this point so far, I hope I give it the ending you are looking for ;)