Chapter 11

Alexia POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask Marie as I finish curling the last strands of my hair. Over the course of the last 30 minutes, my nerves of attending this party had increased by five times.  I wasn't much of the party type and even though Marie and I had both agreed to stay sober for the event, my inner goodie-two-shoes was screaming that it was not a good idea. 

"Alexia, for the last time.  You are going to be sober. You are not doing anything wrong and if its completely awful we are going to leave."  At least Marie had her head on straight. Well, at least partly. I could tell by the way she meticulously straightened each strand of hair so it lay perfectly that she was fixated on the idea of maybe seeing Liam Payne tonight. I just hoped that seeing him wouldn't come with seeing her sister, who would without a doubt not be pleased to see her younger sister in the same place as she was.

Niall had texted me after the game, as promised and told me to be at the house around 10.  Marie and I decided to be fashionably late and left our dorm at exactly 10, so that we would arrive at the house about 10 minutes late. 

I hear the music coming from the house even before I see it. You can practically feel the pulsating bass as you walk down the street. The soccer house wasn't much to look at. It was a sort of old, chipping house situated next to all the other college houses. The yard was a little unkempt and even though the night was just started there were groups of people standing on the front lawn with red solo cups strewn about. The only distinguishable feature of the house was the soccer goal in the front yard, which at the moment had two rather intoxicated guys sitting on top of it. Talk about dangerous.

My mind is screaming at me that this can't be a good idea, but Marie just gives me a faint smile and I know that it will all be okay. We are in this together and with the amount of people here I knew it would be easy to slip out unnoticed.

Opening the door to the house, we are swallowed up into a sea of college students. Some dancing, some socializing and almost all of them with a cup in hand. We look around lost for a moment, having no idea where to go or in which direction to try and maneuver.

"Alexia," Marie practically shouts so I can hear her over the loud music. "Isn't that him over there?" I look to my right to see the blonde bobbing head I'm sure is Niall-gathered around a pool table with a bunch of other dudes.

Instead of attempting to yell back to Marie. I simply grab her arm and start moving towards him. He spots me as we make our way through the crowd.

"Alexia. Good to see you," he gives me a warm hug and I already feel like my body temperature has doubled. "Marie right?"

Marie gives him a nod back. "Well ladies, drinks are in the kitchen, help yourself to whatever. I'll just be hanging over here. Trying to finish up this game of pool."

"Thank you," I say and motion to Marie to follow me. As soon as we are out of earshot of Niall I give her a glance.

"What do we do about the drinks?"

"Just get a cup and fill it up with some Coca-Cola. No one will even know the difference."

Marie hands me two red cups and I begin to pour the brown liquid into both. As I take a sip of my "drink" I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Well aren't I surprised to see you here. Horan convinced you to leave the books for a night?" I turn around to face Louis.

"Yep," I reply giving him the fakest smile I can muster.

"Alexia let's go dance!" Marie interrupts grabbing my arm and relieving me of the situation for which I'm thankful for.

I watch Louis chuckle to himself as we walk away. Marie and I start dancing to the music without a care in the world, when I feel a set of hands wrap around my waist.