Chapter 31

Alexia POV

I wake up to hushed whispers.  At first I am unable to understand what they are saying because my head is spinning, but as I focus in the words become clearer.

"Can't we wait one more day, what could it hurt? Maybe she'll remember it all any way"A female voice says in a hushed tone.

I grimace, trying to get the pounding headache to go away before I open my eyes. The voices weren't helping, echoing through my head like waves pounding my insides over and over again.

"We have to tell her, you can't keep something like this from her it's not fair" A male voice now with a heavy accent. Was I dreaming this up now? Only one way to find out.

"Tell me what" I say loudly. The voices stop, I hear the male one curse under his breath.

There is only silence.

"Tell me what?" I groan, head pulsing. I sit up in my bed and open my eyes, clutching my head. Louis and Marie stand by the door, staring at me as if they'd just seen a ghost. Maybe they had the way I felt at the present moment.

"Um you want a glass of water first?" Marie says awkwardly. What on Earth was going on? Louis Tomlinson is in my apartment early in the morning, Marie is talking to him like they are old friends and I can't seem to remember how I ended up back in bed in the first place.

I give Marie a nod and she goes to the sink and fills me a cup. I take a sip and look at her expectantly.

She gives Louis a nervous look, but he nods at her.  She takes a breath so deep I can hear the inhale.

"Last night at the party, I saw something." She pauses for a moment, as if collecting her thoughts. Marie was never good under pressure and although I'm not sure where this is going I can tell by the look on her face that this is a situation she doesn't want to be in.

"You were pretty out of it. I don't know if you remember or not but Zayn and I decided you better leave early."

I think back trying to remember, I remember dancing but after that everything was fuzzy.  I vaguely remember seeing Louis but only from a distance.  Did he and Marie have some kind of blooming friendship in the midst of my drunk escapade?

"Not really" I say, slightly ashamed in my behavior.  I watch a sigh of relief wash over Marie's face, but then Louis gives her a disapproving look which tells me that something else was going on.

"Alexia, when I went to tell Niall we were taking you home....." She inhales sharply.  "I saw him with another girl"

My skin turns cold, and suddenly I can't feel the hangover.  "What do you mean with another girl?" I say. My mind denying the first thought that it had come to.  Marie had to be mistaken, Niall had lots of friends, lots of friends that were girls.  I start talking again before she can even answer. "Niall has lots of friends ya know, like that girl! That girl that was at the soccer game...and" 

"Alexia!" Marie says, stopping my train of thought as she places a warm hand on my shoulder.  "Alexia, it wasn't just some friendly chat.  Niall was cheating on you."

I feel my heart begin to pick up its pace.  Its okay, its okay. I repeat the two words over and over in my head as if this will somehow keep me calm.  As if I tell myself that I'm okay that I won't feel the heartbreak beginning to creep through my veins. The bitter taste of betrayal in my mouth. The thoughts of the few hours I remember of last night playing over and over in my head.  

Its only when I hear Louis begin to speak that I remember that Marie and I aren't alone in this room.

"Alexia, I'm..." his voice begins to stammer but I blurt out before he can finish.