Chapter 19

Alexia POV

The vibrations of my phone wake me from my deep slumber.  It was 1am, who was calling at this hour of the night?  I grab my phone and bring it to my head offering a groggy hello to the person on the other end.

"Let's work on our research project" the voice on the other end of the phone slurs, obviously heavily intoxicated. 

I pull my phone out from under my ear to see if the voice belongs to who I think it is. The name Louis Tomlinson pops up on the screen. 

"Louis?" I ask is a hushed tone, not wanting to wake up my slumbering roommate. 

"Alexiiaaaa c'mon I'm ready to work" he slurs again.  Man if I could get this kind of work ethic on a normal day. 

"Louis. Its 1 am, you're drunk, its not a good time to work on our project" I say sternly.  Slightly annoyed but slightly entertained by this encounter.  Why was he calling me?

I hear what sound like sobs come from the other end of the phone..was I dreaming?

"Don't be an arse, let's work on it. Come get me" A very distraught, drunk Louis responds. 

"Where are you?" I grab my keys from my purse and heading towards the door.  Louis Tomlinson didn't cry and I had a feeling something was very wrong.  Even though this went against every fiber of my being at the present moment, I knew I needed to find him before he got himself in trouble. 

"I don't know I'm just sitting out here.  I'm close to the soccer house I think....soccer...freaking.." I hear muffled noises which sound as if Louis is kicking something around. 

"I'll be there in five minutes." I say rolling my eyes as I walk to my car.  I have no idea what I'm even thinking going out in the middle of the night to rescue Louis, someone who clearly didn't deserve an ounce of my assistance.  I'm half tempted to text Niall and see if he knows anything, but decide considering the history between the two that maybe keeping this to myself would be the best option. Speaking of Niall, I hadn't heard from him all night... I knew he was going out with his friends and I didn't need to be the kind of girlfriend that obsessed over the location of her boyfriend every given second.  I decide to let the thought fade to the back of my mind and begin to scan the perimeter of the car for a sign of Louis.

I practically bring my car to a crawl as I near the road of houses.  Several are bustling with people, lawn sprawled with red solo cups, but no signs of Louis anywhere.  Then I spot a figure slumped against the porch of a nearby house.  As I near the house, I roll down my window. 

"Louis!" I yell out my window.  My eyes catch his and I watch him attempt to stand up.  Unsuccessfully, he practically trips on his on feet and is back on the ground again.  Well this was going to be interesting, I guess I would be getting out. 

I throw my car in park and open the door walking towards him. 

"Alexiaaaa!" Louis slurs.  "What are ya doinnnn here?" His drunken state only thickens his accent. 

"You called me Louis, now c'mon, let's get you home." I say and offer him a hand helping the very unstable man to his feet.  The stench of the alcohol on his breath nearly suffocates me when I get a whiff and we make our wobbly way to my car, me feeling like I'm practically dragging Louis beside me. 

"C'mon" I motion, trying to get him to get in my car.  When he takes a seat, I say a silent prayer that there will be no vomiting in my car and then head to the drivers seat. 

When I sit down and fasten my seatbelt Louis starts to laugh.  "What Louis" I say, not amused by the obnoxious state of my now passenger. 

He continues to laugh, obnoxiously.  "You thought I wanted to work on that stupid chemistry project didn't you" He continues to laugh. "Like I would ever voluntarily work on that shit"