Chapter 14

I am taken aback at the sight of the Styles house when I first set foot on the property. The house is enormous with wrap around porches and architecture straight out of the Victorian Era. The fact that it is nearly on school property makes it seem as though it was part of the University itself, although I had heard word that the Styles family was one of the universities top sponsors. Dr. Styles was a top surgeon in the area.  He had done post-doctoral work at Oxford and had published multiple papers in the area of neurosurgery.  Mrs. Styles- who was also a doctor, was a well known pediatric surgeon, best known for her research in a new method of cardiac surgery on infants.  The two alums of the university were major topics of discussion for any prospective students in the sciences and the fact that they continued to give back to the university only solidified their status.  The event was open to all students with an interest in the sciences.  In past years the two doctors had even spoken at the event, but apparently this year they had a conflict and were unable to attend the event.

I struggle to walk up the stairs in the black pumps I had thrown on for the occasion. The event was "business attire" and I decided that called for a pair of heels, even if it did mean barely being able to walk for the next three hours.

The front of the house is a huge entry way, almost like a castle from the movie. I see students moving about, all dressed professionally. There is a check-in booth to the right side, so I decide to go there first. I give the girl behind the table my name and in return she hands me a nicely printed nametag.  "This event is all about mingling with fellow science majors, refreshments are located in the room to the right, bathrooms are located to the left and down the hall."

I decide refreshments sound like a good way to occupy my time until I spot someone that I know and so I head to the right.  Once again, I am amazed and the size of the house and find myself wondering how someone could even live here.  As I near the punch bowl, I recognize the friendly face of Leah.  She notices me too. "Alexia right?"

"Yes, hi it's so nice to see someone I know here.  You are a science major?" I ask.

"Oh god no" Leah laughs.  "That stuffs way too over my head.  I'm just here helping Harry host- being a good girlfriend and socializing with all you nerds for the evening" We both laugh. 

"Wait,  Harry's hosting?" I ask, wondering if the connection I was making in my mind was correct.

"Ya, his parents do this every year but ever since Harry has become a student they have passed on most of the responsibility to him. He, like you is a science nerd."

Harry Styles. I had to say with a house like this and such well known parents I would have expected him to be a lot less down-to-earth. 

"Speaking of the devil" She says as Harry walks towards us.

"Alexia, it's good to see you here!" He flashes a cheeky smile.

"Leah was just telling me about how you enlisted her to host your party." I joke.

"Oh ya, she loves talking about whether stereochemistry or analyzing carbon spectrums is the greatest evil of Organic Chemistry."

Leah rolls her eyes and I laugh.  "I'm only a freshman Harry, that's just as over my head as it is hers."

Harry, Leah and I spend the next half hour talking everything from classes to how the two of them met.  I learn Leah is studying public relations and media communication and dreams of one day producing her own movies.  Harry, like his parents dreams of becoming a top surgeon- although he wants to specialize in cardiology.  Leah asks me to grab coffee in the next week and Harry offers to help me with any science classes I have trouble with- although he doesn't seem to have any advice on how to help me with my chemistry partner problem. 

"Sorry to stop the conversation but where is your closest bathroom?" I ask.

"Well for everyone else it down the hall and to the left.  But since you happen to be friends of the host...I suppose you can skip the line and use the private bathroom.  Go up the stairs and then down the hall on the right.  It should be the third door on the left. "

"Thanks" I tell Harry and excuse myself to find the bathroom.  When I reach the top of the stairs I find that its not as simple as the hall on the right.   As there are multiple hallways  that are somewhat to my right.  I decide to follow the first one.  It is dark up here, obviously in an attempt to keep visitors out of as much of the home as possible.  I  find myself mesmerized by the house itself, glancing at photos of the prestigious Styles family.  There many pictures of Harry as well of some with him and a girl I assume to be his older sister. 

"What are you doing up here?" I jump at the sound of a voice behind me.  "The party is downstairs."

"I was just...." I stop in my tracks to see that the voice belongs to Louis Tomlinson.  My body stops cold.  What was he doing here? It was like I couldn't even get away from him. 

"I could ask you the same question." I say. Giving Louis a cold-hearted stare, Louis would not scare me out of going upstairs when I clearly had permission from the host. 

"Alexia, this is a private area, you can't be up here." He blatantly ignores my question. 

"Harry Styles gave me permission to be up here to use the bathroom, don't act like you own the place." I say attempting to walk past him but suddenly realizing that I couldn't remember the instructions Harry gave me. 

"You don't even know where it is" He laughs, obviously catching on to my body language. 

"I....I did until you jumped out at me" I argued. 

"Its this door on the left." Louis points.

"Does Harry know you are up here?" I ask Louis, still wondering why on earth someone like Louis Tomlinson would be at an event for science majors, let alone know his way around the house of the one of the top students of the college.  Harry never mentioned knowing much about Louis while I was complaining about him, but Louis's familiarity with the house was oddly suspicious. 

"That's really none of your business Alexia." He practically snarls at me. 

"Fine, don't tell me.  But just know that I will definitely be asking Harry about you." I say and walk towards the bathroom closing the door behind me.  When I am finished I find Louis out of sight. 

********

Will Louis come clean about why he was in Harry's house?

Look for a new update Friday to find out!  Thanks for reading guys!

PS: Is anyone good at making covers on Wattpad? I'd love to maybe update mine a little, maybe add a picture of Louis to the background? (I'd love to promo you on Tumblr in return)