Chapter 13

Alexia POV

I decide that it would be in my best interest not to mention anything to Louis today in lab about the events of the party Saturday night, or about seeing him on the football field afterwords.  Although I was naturally curious about what had occurred, I knew better than to start in on that conversation with someone as sassy and sarcastic as Louis Tomlinson.  I doubted he would even acknowledge seeing me at the same social event as himself.  But as I take my seat next to him for lab, I discover that I was in fact very wrong. 

"So Alexia, what did you think of the party on Saturday night?" Louis looks at me eyebrow raised.  Coming from a normal person this would seem like a genuine, pleasant conversation, coming from Louis, I knew to prepare myself to be insulted. 

"It was fun, I enjoyed it" I say, keeping my head high, trying my best to avoid being victim to Louis's sneers. 

"You and your friend seemed to really enjoy that Coca-Cola, I knew you didn't strike me as much of lawbreaker."

I'm sure my mouth drops open, if Louis had observed Marie and I's attempt at blending into the crowd while remaining sober, I wonder how many other people saw the same thing.  I feel my cheeks begin to flush.  "How do you know that?" I ask feigning ignorance.

"I mean you guys weren't exactly stealthy about it.  I practically watched you guys discuss the whole thing.  Your friend that's Sophia's sister isn't it?" Louis asks, while simultaneously measuring out the compound needed for the lab procedure we were performing today.  I careful watch him to make sure he is doing it correctly, in hopes of avoiding a catastrophic explosion. 

"Marie, yes.  You know Sophia?" I ask hoping that maybe if I ask enough questions he will reveal something about the drama that unfolded with his girlfriend. 

"Yep, she's quite close with Erica.  I hear her little sister has quiet the crush on Liam, her boyfriend, I know that does nothing but annoy her. " I actually smile for once, knowing that is in fact extremely true. 

"Have never quite been able to figure that one out either.  Marie definitely sees something in him though. " I say, surprised at how easily conversation is flowing between the two of us today, besides his earlier degrading comment. 

I wait to see if Louis makes any further comments about Erica but he doesn't.  He simply pretends that he never mentioned her name and continues to grill me.

"And how was Horan?"

"He was good, thank you."

"His Saturday night personality wasn't too crazy for you?" Louis says, obviously implying that Niall had somehow acted differently.

"It was the same as always Louis."

"Or so you think" I hear him mutter under his breath.  I choose to ignore him.

Its silent for a few minutes and I take it the conversation is over as I continue to work on the lab procedure.  I jot down the notes for the two of us, knowing Louis can't be trusted to do any of the dirty work. 

My mind instantly remembers the text he ignored yesterday, and the anger I felt yesterday when I was ignored returns.  The proposal was due this week and I was still feeling overwhelmed.
 With a short lapse of judgement I decide to bring it up. 

"You didn't answer my text yesterday" I say strongly.

"What text?" Louis plays dumb, of course.  I never would expect him to readily admit to his mistake. 

"I texted you asking to help work on our proposal and you never even responded. "

"Oh that text.  Ya, sorry about that, I was really tired you know from the game and all.  Just needed a day to kind of recover. "

I feel my blood start to boil.  "Well you know Louis, most people would simply respond back with some lame excuse about being busy.  But I guess you don't even have the decency to do that.  You're just too good for that aren't you?" I see Zayn glance back from the lab bench in front of me, a sign that my voice may have raised just a little too loudly to be appropriate for the classroom setting. 

Louis looks at me slightly shocked, obviously taken aback by the argument I was initiating between us.  "Wow, someone's a little grumpy this morning.  Niall didn't send you a nice good morning text?" I glare at Louis. "Alexia, like I said, I was really tired yesterday recovering from the game.  My life doesn't revolve around my academics unfortunately."

"Right, your life only revolves around things that would somehow help your ego. I'll finish the proposal and it will be fantastic, and you can thank me when we get a decent grade. " I say, beginning to gather my things as the lab period comes to an end. 

"Class before you leave I have an announcement!" Professor Sampson screeches and everyone comes to a halt. "For all you science majors, the department is hosting their annual meet and greet event tomorrow night at 5 pm at the Styles Residence.  Refreshments will be served.  Please take a flyer as you head out and please take advantage of this incredible opportunity. You are now free to go"

  "I'd be careful what you say about ego, Alexia.  You have no idea what kind of person I am.  I'll be there to work on the proposal at our scheduled time, don't worry. " Louis says as he gathers his books and begins to walk towards the door.

"I know exactly what kind of person you are Louis Tomlinson" I say muttering under my breath, once again how on earth I could have this bad of luck. 

**********

Happy 6 Years of One Direction! Hope  you have enjoyed it, I know I have definitely had a lot of reminiscing! Sorry for the late update, I thought I had said Saturday night but apparently I said Friday! The next chapter we will finally start to get into some of the drama.