Chapter 20

Louis POV

I wake up in the early morning with a pounding headache.  Actually it was beyond pounding. It was one of those headaches where you feel like you are filling up like a bathtub just waiting to overflow.  The pressure literally erupting from every part of your head.  The effect of all the alcohol from the night before no doubt. I'd nursed many hangovers in my life, but none had left me with such lack of clarity as I had now.  I turn my head over on my pillow, praying that some relief will come and I can drift off into painless sleep once again. I have no such luck.

It isn't till I start to come to my senses that I realize I'm in an unfamiliar place.  The sheets I'm covering myself are hot pink, the bed unfamiliar, and the room in a much cleaner state than my own.  I roll over and see a sleeping figure on the floor. Through the sparse light of the early morning that travels through the tiny windows of the dorm room, I make out Alexia's face. Her lips are relaxed in a peaceful smile, and her skin is illuminated by the sunrise, giving her skin an almost angelic glow.  She looks so peaceful lying there, like she doesn't have a care in the world.  She looked dare I say, beautiful.

How did I get here? My mind is foggy and thoughts of last night come in and out of focus. I remember the party. I remember Erica dancing with a boy. I remember drinking shot after shot until I didn't remember anymore. I still don't understand how I ended up in Alexia's room. In her bed. They say drunk actions replicate sober thoughts, but calling Alexia was one sober thought that I didn't want to be brought forward. I reach for my phone quietly not daring to wake the sleeping girl next to me or her roommate for that matter. What had drunk me done? Had I let my feelings get get the best of me? Had I done something that had changed the way Alexia viewed me even more?

I push the emotional part of me out of my mind. This wasn't what I would usually do. I was supposed to be Louis Tomlinson. I was the star soccer player. I was the person all the girls wanted. I owed no one anything. But here I was hungover and trying to justify whether or not I owed the sleeping girl next to me some sign of appreciation. I start to think about my other interactions with Alexia and know that surely this would lead to yet another lecture about my behavior and about my life. I don't need that. Not with this pounding headache. Not after the night I have just had. 

I scan the room cautiously. I look for the door. It's not far from me and as long as I can manage to crawl over Alexia's limp and sleeping body, I should have no trouble making an escape.

I pause for a moment. Was this the right thing to do, sneaking out like I'd had some one night stand and never wanted to see the person again? I didn't know what had happened last night, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to know. I fear the worst and even though my gut tells me that leaving is exactly what Alexia would expect me to do, I know it's what I have to do. I'll have to thank her later.

I swing my foot out of the bed and creep across the floor silently, just now realizing that there is a sleeping roommate across the way. I silently turn the handle of the door and open it slowly. It only makes a small creak. I slip through the crack and make my way down the hallway.  I had to find Harry.

Alexia POV

I wake up to the sound of shuffling. I don't have to open my eyes to know that its Louis, awakening from his drunken state.  I should have known better than to expect him to stick around, or to acknowledge the fact that he owed me a little gratitude considering I got out of my bed at 2am last night to rescue him.  Its when I hear the door slam behind him that I hear Marie's voice. 

"Alexia!" She nearly shouts at me.  I roll over on the floor to face her rolling my eyes slightly.  Of course she was awake and asking questions so early in the morning.  "What on earth was Louis Tomlinson doing in our room?! You have big questions to answer young lady." She half laughs as I sit up from the floor, which might I add was an extremely uncomfortable place to sleep.