demon hunting

It's been round about 2 weeks since you moved in to the new York institute. Things have been great apart from jace, somehow yous just don't get along.

5:30am, I love training when no one's around but I hate the early morning. You thought as you were brushing your teeth, you're getting ready to go out for a jog when you hear a noise coming from the training room. "Strange, no one else is usually awake at this time" you thought to yourself. As you walked closer to the room, you looked through the half opened door and seen jace. You couldn't help but think he looked beautiful that way, completely lost in the moment. You stood there for a while just watching before you decided you better go on that jog.

It was round about 6:45am when you got back. You decided to go for a quick shower and then get some breakfast. You walked in to the kitchen to engrossed in your phone to realize someone else was there watching you.

"Morning (y/n)". Jace said.

"Oh! You scared me, morning" you said nervously.

"You know I seen you earlier, right? In the training room" jace said with a smirk.

"You did? Why didn't you say anything?" You said.

"Curiosity I suppose" jace said.

"Curiosity killed the cat" you smirked at him and left with an Apple in your hand.

You made your way back to your room to get ready for the day. You were about to go on your first demon hunt since you got here, you were excited to show off what you could do. You were so deep in thought you never heard izzy knocking on your door until she barged in.

"(Y/N)!! I've been knocking on your door for 5 minutes. How is it you manage to lose yourself so deep in thought" Izzy said.

"Sorry izzy. Its beautiful in a way though isn't it? The ability to lose yourself In thought" you said.

"Yes, quite. Now the reason I'm here is I won't be able to go on the demon hunt today, someone else is going I'm not sure who thoug. I can find out if you want?" Izzy said apologetically

"Oh! Why aren't you able to go. Is everything alright? No, it's ok. I'll find out soon enough" you said.

"Yes, everything's fine. I'll explain later, go get ready and remember nothing less than 6inch" she said winking

"You know I prefer converse to heels izzy, it's a wonder you can walk in them never mind kick ass" you said.

"Its a talent. Come see me when your back and be safe" Izzy said.

You were walking down the hall ready to go on the mission when all of a sudden someone grabbed your arm, it was jace.

"So (y/N) you looking forward to demon hunting with the best looking shadowhunter in this institute then?" Jace said.

"Didnt you hear? Izzy isn't going on this hunt with me" you said full of sarcasm giving him a side ways.

"I know, I was talking about myself. It's you and me that are going on this mission." Jace said a little pissed off.

"Fantastic" you said dryly.

You and jace were walking down through the park where there had been reports of demon activity. There was an awkward silence between you and jace. Until you shouted
"JACE, move"
He did as you said and the demon just missed him. You brought out your serph blade and stabbed the demon and then all of a sudden about 30 demons appeared, you looked at jace and said "we wont be able to take all 30 demons down, should we call for back up?"
He thought for a second and then he pulled out his phone "alec, need back up. There's too many" he said quickly and hung up.
"We're just going to need to hold them off until alec gets here, can you keep up?" He said.

"Oh, jace. How you underestimate me" you said.

Alec appeared about 10 minutes later, by that time you and jace had killed more than half the demons. Alec took the scene in front of him in and then bounced Into action, shooting arrows as quickly as he could.

It was down to the last 5 demons. You managed to kill 2 before one slashed your arm. You managed to kill it before you fell to the ground in pain, screaming. Jace ran to you and held you until alec used his steelie to put a healing rune on you, but the pain must have been to much because the next thing you know you woke up in your room in the institute.

"I must have blacked out, I can't believe I got hurt on my first mission here! Thats so embarrassing" you thought.

"Hey, how are you feeling? That was a nasty wound" jace said.

"Hey. Yeah, I'm uh fine"

"Good, you know you're a skilled shadowhunter. You killed more demons than me today" he said staring at you.

"Yeah, but you didn't get hurt did you? I thought there was only meant to be 6 demons?" You said avoiding looking at him.

"Hey, (y/n) look at me! We're shadowhunters. Sometimes we get hurt, it's part of the job. Don't beat yourself up over it, you're brave and a pretty good fighter. Yeah! There were only meant to be around 6 demons, I think it was a trap" jace said.

" Thank you. Jace, that means a lot. Why do you think it was a trap? Could have just been a fault in the report?" You said.

"Yeah.. A fault" he said.

Before you could question him more Izzy came bursting in the room practically flinging herself at you.

"Omg. (Y/N) I just heard, I was so worried!! Are you okay" Izzy said.

"Izzy, I'm fine. Honestly, it was just a scratch" you said smiling at her.

"Are you sure?" Izzy said.

"She said she's fine, izzy. Leave her alone and let her rest"
Jace looked at you for a minute and then said "we'll talk about it another time, okay (y/N). You should try get some rest"

Izzy gave you a hug and then left. You lay in bed thinking about jace and the way he held you when you were hit and stayed with you after. The way instead of insulting you he complimented you, maybe he wasn't so bad after all.