This isn't goodbye, not really.

You were still sat in magnus kitchen wondering if you should tell everyone else goodbye just now.
"(Y/n)" izzy said, waving her hand in front of you. "Hmm, sorry. Was lost in thought" you said giving her a sheepish smile. "Glad to see some things never change" she said with a small chuckle. "Im glad youre here actually. Theres something i would like to say" you said refusing to meet her gaze. "Whats up?" She asked her eyes studying you. "I just wanted to do this incase i didnt get the chance later". You said, sucking in a quick breath before she could object. "I want you to be happy, Iz. Live the life you want and dont bother about what anyone else has to say. Dont ever change the way you are izzy. Because one day youre going to make someone so unbelievably happy, you are so special. Thank you for becoming friends with the new girl at the institute, for going along with my stupid plans and being my family" you said pulling her into a hug as you both cried. "And remember, nothing less than 6 inches" you both found a way to laugh through the tears. "I love you, so much. Youre the sister i never had". Izzy stared at you with her black tear glazed coffee eyes, taking you all in. Her hands came up rest on your shoulders.

"(Y/n), you will always be my sister and i think what youre doing is incredibly brave and selfless. I always loved that about you, i will never be able to thank you enough for what you have done for me and our family" she said, holding on a bit tighter and giving you a genuine smile. "You came at a point where we all needed you most. I needed a sister, someone i could talk to about things and Alec, the way you got him to come out of his shell and be happy. That alone was amazing. You took an interest in max, you watched films with him and entertained him on mundane superheros and films" she said giving you a smile. "The way you changed Jace, you make him feel at peace (y/n). I'll never be able to thank you enough. I hope this isnt goodbye, i hope i see you again one day" she said pulling you into a tight hug. You spoke to izzy for a while longer, thinking about the memories you have shared.

You were sat on a chair in magnus living room. Looking at alec and magnus, you couldnt help but feel a tinge of jealousy knowing that they would be together for a long time, while your future with jace was uncertain. You had avoided him since this morning, the look he gave you made your heart break more and more each time. So you thought it would be easier to avoid him. In all honesty it wasnt, it was hard. You wanted nothing more than to go and wrap your arms around him and tell him that it was going to be alright, you wanted to have a future with him, you just wanted him in every single beautiful way possible. But that wasnt an option anymore and it made you feel so angry. You got up off the chair you were sat on and made your way to your room. Ignoring the sympathetic looks you got. You paced the length of the floor over and over again. You knew this had to be done but you werent ready to say goodbye to your family, to him. You slid down the wall and brought your knees up to your chest. You let out a silent sob and you hoped no one could hear what came next.

You lay in bed, wide awake when the door opened and some light spilled in. You sat up and tried to adjust your eyes to the shadow that was walking in. You turned to your left and switched on a lamp that sat on the small bedside table. When you turned around you realised it was Raphael, he sat at the end of your bed and gave you a sad smile. You returned his smile and you both sat in silence for a few minutes. You looked up to him with tear glazed eyes "raph" you spoke quietly, your voice slightly wavering. "This isnt you telling me goodbye is it, mi angel hermoso?" You tilted your head a little and took in his appearance, giving him a sad smile. "Im going to miss you, raph" you said looking down at your hands. You knew saying goodbye to everyone would hurt, but you didnt think it would hurt this much, each time you said goodbye to someone your heart broke a little more. "My life will not be as bright without you. Who would of thought it. My very own angel". He gave you a cheeky smirk and continued. "You made me feel alive again, (y/n). And that is something i never thought i would feel again. So please domt say goodbye, angel. Because i cannot live forever without the hope that i may see you again and feel alive" he said quietly, grabbing your hands. "I will never be able to thank you enough. I owe you my life and happiness, name anything and it will be yours-" he spoke but you cut him off. "You owe me nothing Raphael. I just want you to be happy and maybe if you wanted to help ease my mind you could keep an eye on every one for me please?" You said quietly, studying your interlocked hands. "I love you raph" you said finally looking up at him. He simply smiled and leaned in close, placing a kiss on your forehead. A sweet gesture, "you too, my angel" he said quietly. Raphael left you after that, he left you alone with your thoughts.

It was around 2am when the light flooded in to the room again, this time you didnt need to squint your eyes or turn the light on to work out who it was. It was him, it was jace. You could tell by his breathing, the way he walked and the smell that followed him that was undeniably jace. You lay in bed, frozen to the spot, your eyes followed him around the room before he slid into the bed beside you. "We need to talk" he said in such a raw, serious voice. It seny shivers down your back.