You make me weak.

You woke up the next again day and Jace was gone. You lay in bed thinking about him for a while, you were so confused. You didn't know if you should tell him about your feelings or not. You got a text from alec asking you to meet him downstairs. You got up and started to get ready, you decided to go in a quick shower. You came out the shower and put on your comfortable clothes. Leggings, oversized jumper and converse. You walked down stairs going past the kitchen to grab some breakfast on your way.

"(Y/n). Have you heard from Magnus since you saw him?" Alec said.

"Actually, no. He always texts me in the morning, he hasn't tested me this morning. That's really strange" you said staring at your phone

"He randomly stopped texting me last night. Which is really unlikely of him, so I text him a few more times and nothing" Alec said.

"That's really strange, I'm gonna try and call him" you said.

You tried calling Magnus twice and sent him a text saying "text me when you can, I'm worried"

"Whats going on?" Jace said avoiding looking at you.

"I think something is wrong with Magnus" Alec said.

"I'm gonna go over to his place and see if he's okay" you said.

"Me too. You coming Jace?" Alec said.

"No, I'm gonna.. uh, stay here" Jace said.

"Great, he's avoiding me" you thought.

You left the institute and Alec wouldn't stop asking what was wrong with you and Jace, you kept telling him nothing because you didn't know what was wrong. You got to Magnus apartment and the door was locked, luckily you had a key for his apartment. You's walked up the stairs and had a look for Magnus he definitely wasn't there.

"Where could he be" you said.

"Hey. (Y/n), I think I found something" Alec said passing you a piece of paper.

It read
"Whiskers, I'm sorry I've had to leave with no goodbye. Something important came up, I won't be back for a few days. I'll text you when I can. Don't worry, ill be home soon. Stay safe.
Love, uncle b.
Xo"

"Surely not" you said looking at alec.

"Does he do this a lot? Just leave with no excuse or goodbye?" Alec said clearly annoyed.

"Hes only done it a few times, but it's always been extremely important when he's done it" you said walking towards the front door.

Yous both walked home quietly, when you arrived at the institute you couldn't be bothered with another awkward encounter with Jace and you were really upset about Magnus you just didn't want to worry Alec. So you went straight to your room. You must have been I'm your room for about an hour before you decided to go and do some training. You got changed and walked down to the training room you walked in and Jace was there. "Great" you thought, the minute he seen you he tried to leave.

"Seriously?" You said

"What?" Jace said turning to look at you.

"Is this the way it's going to be? You leaving a room the minute I walk in or not even looking at me. What's your problem?" You said never breaking eye contact with him.

"You're my problem (y/n). You make me weak, I don't want to be around someone who makes me weak!" Jace said.

"Well" you said trying to hold back tears. "If I make you weak I may as well leave, you know what Jace screw you. Screw this whole thing" you said walking away.

You got to your room and suddenly all the tears came pouring out. "How could he say that to me" you thought. You got your suitcases out and started packing all your clothes.

"What are you doing?" Alec said.

"What does it look like? I'm leaving" you said not looking at him.

"Why. Because of Jace?" He said.

"Yes, Alec. Because of Jace, I don't think I belong here anyway" you said.

"Of course you belong here, (y/n). You're a shadowhunter, you're my best friend, you're izzys best friend. You belong here, with us" alec said.

You ignored him, you weren't ready to have that conversation and you certainly weren't ready to say goodbye to him or izzy. But you couldn't stand to be in the same place as Jace right now.

He left after you blanked him. You were just putting the last of your things in to a suitcase when izzy turned up.

"Where do you think your going" izzy said. Walkig in and blocking you off from the suitcase

"Right now, out of here. I'm going to Magnus apartment. Waiting on him coming home so I can say goodbye and then I'm going home, izzy" you said.

She pulled you in to a hug. "What is wrong? You can't leave. This is your home, you're home" izzy said.

"I just can't be here right now, I have to leave. Please try to understand" you said.

"I understand, I just don't want you to go. Just remember this is your home and you can come back any time, you will always have a family here" izzy said.

"Thanks, izzy. I just need some space I think" you said.

"Of course. I'll help you over to Magnus apartment with your things" she said.

You simply nodded and started to pack your things again. You had finished packing, you and izzy started to make your way out of the institute when Jace appeared.
"(y/n), I'm so sorr..." He tried to say before izzy cut him off.

"No, Jace wayland. You do not get to apologize right now, not for this. You take time and think, really think about what you have done" izzy said angrily.

You couldn't look at him, he looked lost. You just wanted to leave and quickly. Just then Alec appeared.

"Jace, I think it's best you leave (y/n) alone right now. She might leave us for good, you know that? You don't even realize what you have cost us all do you? What you have cost yourself!" Alec said.

"Alec, enough" you said quietly.

"No! Let me tell you something Jace. You are my parabati and you are my brother. But you are an idiot, (y/n) was the best thing that happened to this institute! She accepted me for me, she helped me admit who I am! She has never once judged any of us and god knows we are so flawed it's a miracle she even accepted any of us". He practically spat those words at Jace

"You think I don't know that alec. I love her, not the way you and izzy do. I would burn the whole world down for her if she asked me to! You think I don't realize what I have lost? " jace said.

"ENOUGH! Izzy said" turning to look at you " are you okay (y/n)? You look so pale, are you sick?" She said.

You couldn't take anymore. Your dropped your suitcases and ran, you were trying to outrun your problems. But you should know by now they always catch up to you in the end.