friends?

You woke up a few hours later in the hospital wing of the institute.

"Hey, Your awake! How are you feeling?" Jace said reaching for your hand.

"I'm okay, what happened? How long have I been out? Where is Alec and Izzy?"

"Hey. calm down" jace said squeezing your hand.
"You were bit by a vampire and he pushed you. You landed at the other side of the room, I thought you were dead. You have been out for a few hours. Alec is downstairs speaking with Hodge and Izzy just went to get you some fresh clothes" jace said.

"So thats why my neck is sore.." You said with a smile.

"Y/N! Can you please not joke about this, you could have died! And it would have been my fault" jace said not looking at you.

You squeezed his hand
"Hey. It's not your fault, we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't blame yourself!" You said.

"Y/n! You're awake!! How are you feeling?" Izzy said pulling you in to a hug.

"Hey. Izzy! I'm okay, Just want to go shower and sleep" you said giving her a weak smile.

"Come on. I'll walk you to your room" Izzy said giving you another hug and helping you out the hospital bed.

You gave jace a hug. That lasted longer than it should have you went to leave and he kissed you on the forehead.

"What is going on with yous two" Izzy asked as yous walked back to your room.

"Nothing." You said. It wasn't exactly a lie, nothing was happening between you and jace. You were just friends.

"Okay, well I'll leave you to shower. I'll come see you in the morning" Izzy said as she hugged you.

You walked in to your room and had a look in the mirror, gosh. You did look terrible. You walked in to the bathroom and turned the shower on. You went in to your room and picked up your favourite batman pjs.
You went in to the shower and stood there thinking about what had happened over the last few weeks. You started to cry, you felt ashamed. You came here wanting to prove your skills. So far you had been hurt by a demon and kidnapped by a bunch of vampires. You turned the shower off and put your pjs on. You walked back through to your room and sat on your bed. You got your sketch pad and pencils out, you hadn't sketched in a while. You started to draw your uncle b. You wanted to call him so bad but you knew he was on important business the only thing you wanted in this moment was a hug from him. Then someone knocked on your door. It was jace and he was just standing there his hair a damp mess, shirtless with a pair of light grey jogging pants on. He was beautiful.

Jace p.o.v.

I need to see her, he thought as he towel dried his hair and put on some joggers and made his way to y/n room.
He saw her sitting on the end of her bed sketching. She looked completely lost in the moment, peaceful. God, she was beautiful. She was so damn beautiful.

"Hey. Cute pjs" jace said.

"I'm not in the mood for this tonight jace" you said giving him a weak smile.

He was making his way over to you. You quickly shut your sketch pad and put it on the floor he sat next to you at the end of the bed.

"I know, I just wanted to come and see if you were okay?" Jace said whilst playing with your hand.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired and want to sleep jace" you said.

"I understand, well you know where I am if you need me" he said standing up.

You got up and walked him to the door. He was looking at you as if he were studying a work of art trying to take in every stroke of paint.

"Goodnight y/n" he said before kissing you on the forehead and leaving.

You stood there a moment lost in thought when you someone say your name you turn round to see Alec.

"Great", you thought.

"Hey. Y/n I just wanted to check and see if you are okay. I know what happened to you was partly my fault and I'm so sorry" Alec said.

"Hey alec. It wasn't your fault, you know at the start I had no idea why you said that to me. But now I think I do" you said.

He walked over and sat on your bed and hung his head.

"You love jace. I see the way you look at him Alec" you said sitting next to him.

"Please don't tell him y/n. Please" Alec said.

"Alec, that's not my place. But you should be proud of who you are, don't let other people's opinions dictate how you live your life. You deserve to be happy" you said grabbing his hand.

He rolled his eyes at you and smiled.

"You're pretty special. Other shadowhunters wouldn't approve, my parents, the clave and everyone. But, you. You're different. You know why I didn't like you?" Alec said.

"It doesn't matter what other people think. this is your life! Why?" You said.

"Because I seen the way jace started to look at you and it hurt because I know he would never look at me like that" alec said.

"Jace looks at me like that because he thinks he's to blame for everything that happens to me Alec"

"Perhaps" he said.

You woke up next to alec. You were feeling better after the talk you and Alec had. you decided to wake him up.

"Hey, rise and shine sleepy head" you said ruffling his hair.

"If were going to be friends dont wake me up" he said rolling back over.