A cure.

You woke up but you weren't next to jace you were in your room. You had no idea how you got there and you didn't care you got up not bothering to change your clothes the only thing on your mind was jace. You walked down to the hospital wing as quickly as you could. Mayrse was outside talking to brother Zachariah when she noticed you she stopped speaking with brother Zachariah and approached you.

"(Y/n)" she said reaching a hand out to put on your shoulder. You just looked at her wondering what the next words out her mouth would be. "He's still with us, hes fighting. The silent brothers are surprised he made it through the night, but they are doing everything they can to make sure he gets better. He's fighting (y/n), he wants to stay here with us"

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. "He's still with us" you said quietly. "Can I see him?"

"I'm afraid not, the silent brothers won't let anyone in. They've not to be disrupted. How about you go get something to eat or a shower" she said giving you a small smile. "I promise if there is any news I will come and tell you"

You weren't hungry but you wanted to go for a shower so you agreed. You went for a shower and put clean clothes on. You wanted to check on Izzy, Alec and max. So you took off looking for them, you found max first. He was sat on the stairs.

"Hey, kiddo" you said sitting down next to him. He just cuddled up next to you, you knew he didn't want to talk so you didn't push him. You just sat with him for a while playing with his hair and trying your best to comfort him. He was so tired out from crying he fell asleep so you carried him to his room and put him to bed. When you walked out his room you saw Izzy walking past.

"Hey, izzy wait up" you said.
She just ignored you and started walking faster.
"Isabelle"
She stoped walking when she heard you use her first name. You walked up to her and immediately pulled her in to a hug.
"This is not your fault, Izzy. We're shadowhunters sometimes we get hurt, it's part of the job. Don't blame yourself, please".
She looked at you shocked for a moment. She must have thought I blamed her you thought to yourself. She hugged you back and then left. You knew you had to go see alec now, you were dreading it. You knew how torn up he would be over this. You headed to his room but when you walked in someone was already there making sure he was okay.

"Uncle b.." You said.

"Oh, whiskers" he said instantly getting up from the bed and rushing over to hug you. "I came back the moment I heard, the silent brothers let me in to see him. I tried my best to heal him but I couldn't heal all of him. Are you okay? Do you want me to heal your bruises? Are you in pain?" He said quickly.

"All of him" you thought for a moment. "But you did heal him a little bit? I'm fine" you said

"I healed a small part of him, yes. But the rest is up to the silent brothers and jace" he said.

You nodded and walked over to alec. He looked up at you with his puffy, red swollen eyes. You could see the pain he was in.

"Alec" you said.

He didn't say anything at first he only got up and hugged you.
"It's going to be okay, (y/n). He's going to be okay. I know jace, he's a fighter. He will make it" he whispered in to your ear. You couldn't say anything so instead you just hugged him tighter.

You left alecs room after sitting with him and Magnus for a while. You didn't know where to go or what to do. You just walked around for a while before you ended up in jaces room. You stood in the room awkwardly for a couple of seconds before sitting on his bed. Before you know it you were crying, again.

"Whiskers, it's okay" Magnus said quietly walking over to you. He sat down beside you and put an arm around you. You cried for a while and then stopped. "There must be a way to save him, Magnus" you said.

"Im not sure yet, we will need to see what the silent brothers say" he said.

You's talked for a while and then he asked if you were okay. "I'm smiling, see" you said giving him your best smile.

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're okay. Sometimes it simply means You're a strong person. You are one of the strongest people i know and I believe you will get through this" Magnus said giving you a smile.

"I will get through this and I will be strong, for him" you said standing up.

You left jace room and walked down to the hospital wing, brother Zachariah was outside.

"Can I see him?" You asked.

"Not just yet" brother Zachariah said.

"Do you know if he will make it yet" you said.

"It depends" he said.

" Depends on what" you said.

He thought for a minute and turned to face you. "I shouldn't be telling you this, but I believe you should know" he paused and looked around. "You cannot tell anyone what I am about to tell you" he said.

"I promise I won't tell anyone, please. Tell me" you said.

"The knife jace was stabbed with had a very old poison on it, a poison only a few people know about" he said.

"A poison, is there a cure?" You asked

"Yes and no" he said.

"What does that mean?" You said.

"Like I said. The poison is very old, most of antidote died out along time ago. But I know one person who preserved some of the antidote" he said.

You already had a feeling you knew who. But you had to ask anyway.
"Who has the cure" you said.

"Camille" Magnus said.

You and brother Zachariah turned around quickly. You didn't hear Magnus approach.

"How do you know that?" You said.

"Because, whiskers. I am the one who preserved it for her" Magnus said.

"So, If we can get the cure jace will live?" You said.

They both said yes at the same time.
You knew what you had to do.

"(Y/n), you are not going after this cure. Do you hear me?" Magnus said.

"Yes".
You just lied to magnus, you have never done that before but if he knew you were going to trade yourself for the cure he wouldn't let you go. He'd most likely lock you up to prevent it. But you knew you had to save jace and if this was the only way to do it, so be it.

You knew Raphael wouldn't let you trade yourself in. So you had to come up with a different plan. Everyone in the institute was watching you closely, especially Magnus. So sneaking out was going to be difficult. It was around 8pm and you started getting ready.
You straightened your (h/c) hair, applied your make up and put on your best black dress.
'This. Is. The. Worst. Plan' you kept thinking to yourself, but it was your only plan so it had to work.
You were half way out your window Izzy came running in.

"You're not leaving without me" she said.

"Izzy, no. It's a stupid plan and its dangerous" you said.

"If it helps jace then I'm coming"

And with that yous climbed out the window on the way you filled Izzy in.

"Okay" she said taking a deep breath. "So, the plan is. To go to pandemonium, find a vampire. Tell that vampire you want Camille to meet you there and she's to bring the cure. You are then going to let her take you while I run back to the institute and give jace the cure" she said.

"That's the plan" you said

Izzy looked at you as if you had just kicked a puppy. "It's a stupid plan"