4 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

This is just a filler chapter but I wanted to get something on here. And this part probably gives you a sort of clue where I'm going with the story and how it ties in with the title.

Also, someone commented about me calling the team Allstars, I'm a clueless English girl who just wracked her brains trying to think of a name that sounded cheerleader squad-ish so if anyone has any suggestions for a new name that would be much appreciated.

Please comment and rate, like I said it's only a filler

*********************

Kelly Clarkson - Mr Know It All

Mr Know It All
Well ya think you know it all
But you don't know a thing at all
Ain't it something y'all
When somebody tells you something bout you
Think that they know you more than you do 
So you take it down, another pill to swallow

************************ 

During study period I was sat on my own in the library flicking through my pink ipod to find a good song to listen to while I neatly rewrote rough notes I'd made in English Lit.

I was tapping my feet under the table and singing along in my head when somebody came along and rudely pulled my earphones out.

My immediate frown transformed to a smile when I saw that it was TJ; he'd kept me company again at the gym the night before and had kept me laughing at his jokes and impressions the whole time.

My smile vanished when I saw that Liam was with him.

"What are you listening to?" TJ asked, grabbing my ipod and sitting down next to me.

Liam sat down at the table too, slamming his heavy books down.

"Avenged Sevenfold?" TJ asked, pulling a face and handing my ipod to Liam.

Don't worry guys, just take my ipod and have a game of pass the parcel with it, I don't mind...

"You like Avenged Sevenfold?" Liam asked incredulously, as if he'd just been told that I'd solved world hunger.

"No, I play music I hate to torture myself" I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Liam and TJ both stayed silent, clearly unsure if I was joking or not.

"Yes, I like them!" I sighed, grabbing my ipod out of Liam's hands and stuffing it into my bag.

"You, Miss Prissy Pants Cheerleader like them?" Liam asked, still looking amazed at this whole revelation.

This boy infuriated me so much.

"Sorry, I'll speak more slowly for you so your brain can absorb what I'm saying" I said extending every word, "Yes, I like them"

TJ was laughing, obviously finding all of this funny. Liam shot him an annoyed glance.

"I didn't think they would be your kind of thing" he told me smirking, "I'd have expected something like Justin Bieber or a Disney song"

I decided to not mention that I did have the Disney Greatest Hits album on my ipod. He didn't need to know that.

"Well there are lots of things that are my thing that you probably wouldn't expect to be" I scowled, "So please stop thinking you know me"

Liam let out an obnoxious laugh.

"You don't see me labeling you as a drug taking waster who probably fights because he is too stupid to do anything else" I continued.

I knew this was untrue because I knew he was smart and I normally wouldn't say something so spiteful but he really knew how to press all the wrong buttons and wind me up.

Liams eyes flashed and he looked angry.

"I don't do drugs" he snapped, glaring at me.

He didn't scare me and I glared right back at him.

Liam had been the one to start this, not me. Up until less than a week ago we'd barely said two words to each other and now he liked to mock me or stereotype me at every opportunity he got.

"Liam's a big Avenged Sevenfold fan too" TJ said, breaking the tension and distracting both of us from our death glare war.

"He forced me to go to one of their gigs once" he continued, shaking his head as if this was a memory he'd rather forget, "It was horrible. My idea of a good gig is having a dance while I'm there, not being battered in a mosh pit"

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'd love to see them live" I admitted, "But none of my friends like them"

Plus my mum would not let me go, even if I found somebody to go with. She wouldn't think it was ladylike enough.

"They're good live" Liam mumbled.

"So you like dancing at gigs?" I asked changing the subject and turning my body towards TJ, "I couldn't imagine you dancing. Are you one of those cheesy dancers who does the funky chicken?"

He was such a joker, that's the only dancing I could picture him doing.

"Not to blow my own trumpet but I'm actually really good" he said proudly, "I'm in a proper dance squad, you should come and watch us. Liam is too and-"

He was cut off by Liam punching his arm.

"She's not coming to watch us" he said gruffly.

"Oh really? Scared I'll laugh at you?" I asked, smirking.

I gave myself a mental high fave when I saw the flash of annoyance cross his face.

"When I see you dance, you can see me dance" he replied.

"Fine, come to the school football pitch on Friday at 6pm" I said matter of factly, "The team has a game and my squad will be cheering. Then afterwards you can tell me when to come and watch your attempts at dancing"

This seemed to have him stunned for a minute.

"I said dancing, not prancing around like a Barbie doll" he said, regaining his composure.

"We dance, we do gymnastics and we cheer on our school teams. If we "pranced round like Barbie dolls"" I said making quotation signs with my fingers, "I doubt we would win so many trophies"

Ha, that shut him up!

Liam didn't say anything else for the rest of the study period and instead opened up one of his mahoosive books and stood it up so that I couldn't see him.

It suited me fine.

I continued writing my English Lit notes and listened to TJ (who I'm assuming had no work to do or just couldn't be bothered to do it) as he chatted incessantly about the dance squad he was in and about how they would be preparing for a battle that was coming up.

I'd asked if it was like in the Step Up movies and had heard Liam tut to himself from behind his book.

TJ said it was similar and Liam mumbled something to himself like the mature person I'd come to realise he was.

I was so glad Max didn't have another lesson with him until Monday night. Hopefully between now and Monday I could have a stress free, Liam free few days.