The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners? - 7

Well I had a bit of a strop as according to my phone nobody was really bothered with this story.... well turns out my phone is stuuuupid and I was really pleased to see when I came online that the story had 11 comments. Most people probs think thats rubbish but I'm happy :-D

I'm considering putting up part 8 tonight too....

********************

Atreyu - Ex's and Oh's

When you feel your soul drop to the floor
Like a hole, like an open bleeding sore
Then you'll have bled like I've bled
Then you'll have wept as I've wept

Suck me down, it's time  to rock and roll
Let's hit the bar, et's lose control
One false move, you took me home
One false move, you're all alone

*************** 

I closed my Maths textbook triumphantly - my homework was done well in advance. That meant I could go and see Dorothy tomorrow without having to worry about being home to get it done.

I glanced at the clock seeing that it was almost 9pm.

The fact I was ready to put my PJ's on and go to bed disproved the theory a lot of adults have that kids my age are out partying all night every night.

I'd worked my socks off at cheerleading practise and then had to rush home to take Max to his boxing class and then I'd done my homework so I definately had earned an early night.

My bedroom door flew open and Max rushed in looking distraught.

"Max why aren't you in bed?" I demanded, sounding more like a parent than a big sister.

"Kaydie I left my backpack at the gym" he pouted.

Boys!

I knew for a fact that I'd made him check he'd got everything before we'd left the gym. He'd rolled his eyes at my supposed nagging yet he'd still somehow managed to leave something behind.

"I'm sure mum will stop by on the way to school tomorrow to pick it up for you" I told him, ruffling his hair slightly.

"Kaydie, it has Albert in" he whined, his bottom lip starting to quiver.

Oh dear lord!

Albert was the tiny teddy I'd got him when he was born, mum had said I was allowed to buy him something little to let him know his big sister loved him already.

Max couldn't sleep without Albert.

I'd always been secretly pleased that his favourite thing in the whole world was something that I'd got him. 

"Mum's asleep" he continued, "So she can't get it tonight"

Once mums asleep, we can not wake her.

He didn't bother mentioning dad. Albert was now a secret that dad didn't know about after he'd tried to force Max to throw him away as apparently "men don't have teddybears". I'd had to rescue him from the bin.

Luckily, Albert was really small so he was easily hidden in Max's backpack.

"Max why don't you try and sleep without him?" I asked.

Maxs eyes began to water slightly.

"Okay, okay I'm going" I said, holding up my hands in defeat.