47 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

Limahl - Neverending Story

Rhymes that keep their secrets
Will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon a rainbow
Is the answer to a never ending story
Ah
Story
Ah

Show no fear
For she may fade away
In your hand
The birth of a new day

Rhymes that keep their secrets
Will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon a rainbow
Is the answer to a never ending story

***********************

 "She's coming round, her blood pressure is okay. It will have been the shock"

I could hear them talking, but I didn't want to open my eyes.

Maybe it was dumb, but I felt like if I didn't open them, I could pretend that none of it had really happened - it was all just a bad dream.

Things could return to normal.

Reality hit me like a slap to the face.

There had been nothing normal about my home life for a very long time.

"Kaydie..." whoever had been seeing to me gave me a soft nudge,"Kaydie, can you hear me?"

I wanted to pretend that I hadn't heard them, but my eyes flew open when I heard the loud shouting of my dad.

"This is absolutely ludicrous! She doesn't need to be detained at all. Her wounds have been dealt with and I will hire private care to come in and change the bandages when needed"

My head felt fuzzy, but I forced myself to sit up so I could see what was going on.

"Don't sit up too quick" the person helping me said kindly, using their hand on my back to guide me to a comfortable position.

Wincing as I adjusted to the light, I watched as my dad yelled furiously at the paramedics. A police officer had joined them and was looking stern as he listened to him shout.

"Mr Smithson, you know that we're just following protocol" he commented gruffly.

"She's just been a bit stressed" dad continued to argue, "She's had people causing her stress and it has culminated in this episode. She will be fine by tomorrow. We have access to private care and I'll make a few calls. They're the best of the best"

My stomach twisted when he said that people had been causing her stress.

He meant me.

Dad was saying that I had caused this.