The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners? - 17

SURPRISEEEEEEEE!

A surprise early update :-D

I hope you enjoy it :p

I told a few people I was updating last night but I fell asleep mid update - doh! The computer froze and I lost some of what I'd written so I've had to retype some... hopefully it's okay and I haven't written some random mumble jumble while I'm tired

Thanks again as usual for all the votes, comments, messages, etc xxx

************************

"So I ordered you these a couple of days ago and they arrived earlier" my mum said holding up a bag.

She emptied the contents of it out and over a hundred nail varnishes must have fallen out  on to my bed.

My mouth fell open in shock.

"Oh my god mum, why did you buy so many?" I asked, looking through the rainbow of colours.

My mum smiled and sat down on my bed.

"You told me you didn't have any nail varnish" she told me simply, as if that explained everything.

"Um, mum I told you I didn't have a bright pink nail varnish" I said slowly, recalling the event as I spoke.

She'd told me that I should paint my nails bright pink and I'd told her that my nail varnish in that colour had ran out, I was pretty sure I hadn't added on that I was of the opinion that I needed hundreds of nail varnishes.

"These must have cost a fortune" I commented as I continued looking through them.

Suddenly my mum slammed her hand down on my bed, making me jump.

"Fine! You hate them!" she exclaimed, picking up the bag she'd originally emptied and refilling it with the vast amount of nail varnishes, "Kaydie there is something wrong with you, most girls would love a gift like this"

I jumped to my feet and gently grabbed her hands to stop her.

"Mum, I'm so sorry" I said soothingly, "I love that you bought me them, I really do"

Her breathing was erratic but it gradually slowed down to a normal pace.

Her face brightened and she smiled at me, holding out a pale blue nail varnish.

"I think this colour would look amazing on you" she beamed.

I sat down on the bed and let her paint my nails the pretty shade of blue that she'd picked out, all the time observing her face.

She looked so happy whilst she painted them, chatting away happily about clothes she wanted to buy me and about how all of her friends were jealous that my dad had bought her such an expensive new bracelet the other day.

Was I just a bad daughter?

She looked so happy right then that I couldn't help but feel that maybe she got so stressed out because of my complaining... was it really so hard for me to engage in the kind of things she wanted me to do and like?

My eyes fell to the nail varnishes. They were an expensive brand so I knew she must have spent loads on them. It was such a lovely gesture but it was also excessive and seemed a waste - there was no way that I'd be able to wear so many of them.

"So, Brians cute" my mum said, interrupting my train of thought.

"Erm, yeah" I replied, feeling a bit dazed.