The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners? - 6

Hope you enjoy this part..... please comment letting me know your thoughts on the story :)

***************

Lostprophets - Last Train Home

I wonder if you're listening
Picking up on the signals
Sent back from within
Sometimes it feels like I don't really know what's going on
Time and time again it seems like everything is wrong in here

But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home
Watch it pass the day
As it fades away
No more time to care
No more time, today

*******************************

I poured water on to the plant that I'd bought Dorothy the week before.

"It's growing lovely" I told her, setting the mini watering can down on her cabinet and sitting down opposite her.

She had a teapot and two cups on her small table and I poured us both a cup of tea.

I'd first started visiting Dorothy at the residential home two years earlier when we'd had to do a volunteer befriender scheme for a school project. Everybody had been eager for the project to end but I'd loved coming to talk to Dorothy and had continued coming ever since. Dorothy had become a part of my life.

"How are your parents?" Dorothy asked, taking a sip of tea and letting out a satisfied sigh, "Oooh you do make a lovely cup of tea"

"They're fine thank you"

"And little Max?"

Dorothy had a soft spot for Max; I'd brought him with me a few times to see her.

"He's fine, though he's started learning how to box" I told her.

I launched into a mini rant about my dad sending Max to boxing lessons and also told her about Liam and how obnoxious he was and about him saying all I did was prance around like a barbie.

"My squad showed him who was the best" I said smugly, "We did an amazing dance routine"

Dorothy beamed at me.

"Did I ever tell you that my Bill was a boxer when he was younger?" she asked.

She'd told me a lot of stuff about her husband Bill who had sadly passed away but she hadn't told me this.

"No" I said, lifting my cup and taking a sip of my own tea, giving her my full attention.

She raised herself slowly from her chair and walked over to her shelving unit, taking an old looking green photo album off the shelf.

She sat back down and flicked through it.

"Here we are" she said turning the album so that I could see the photo.

A man who I recognised to be Bill was in a boxing fight in one picture and in the picture below it he was stood next to the ring, with a grinning Dorothy at his side. He had a belt in his hand so I guessed he'd won a title.

"Your Bill was a man of many talents" I said, smiling.

Dorothy smiled back, turning the photo album back around and stroking the pictures fondly.

"He was the lightweight champion that year" she told me proudly, closing the album and laying it down next to her chair.

"This Liam chap, is he handsome?" Dorothy asked, giving me a cheeky wink.