30 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

Sooooo annoyed with myself. For the gazillionth time I ended up somehow deleting part of it, hence why it's a few hours later than I promised.

I'm literally cream crackered so will try and proof read it once before bed (it's like 3:30am zzzzz - but I felt bad that I'd deleted it and wanted to make sure I updated like I promised). I even accidentally dozed off mid typing a few times - oops.

Please vote and comment! :)

********************

"Happy birthday to youuuuuu.... happy birthday dear Kaydie.... happy birthday to youuuuu" Max sung, dancing around my bedroom in his Batman pyjamas.

I smiled and sat up, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

"Morning pumpkin" my mum grinned, making me jump because I'd not realised that she was there too.

"Morning mum"

She looked immaculate yet my alarm clock read that it was only 7:30am; I dreaded to think how early she must have got up to achieve her flawless presentation.

"Happy birthday" she grinned excitedly, handing me a white gift bag.

Taking the bag from her I reached inside and pulled out a small green box with 'Tiffany & Co.' written on the front.

Glancing up at her eager expression, I slowly opened the box to reveal a simple but beautiful silver chunky bracelet. It had a silver charm attached to it that had "Please Return To Tiffany & Co. New York 925" engraved on it.

"It's gorgeous mum, thank you so much" I said gratefully.

She looked pleased with my response.

"I got you a present too!" Max shouted, jumping on my bed and half crushing me.

The joy of brothers....

"Happy birthday Kaydie" he grinned goofily, handing me a present wrapped in shiny pink paper.

Tearing the paper off I laughed when I saw the t-shirt he'd got me. It was baby pink with "The Missile Max Fan Club" printed on the front.

"It's good because it's clothing that you can wear whenever you want but then you can wear it to the gym when I'm training  too" he explained to me.

He'd obviously thought this through when deciding what to get me.

"Thanks Missile Max" I told him, ruffling his dishevelled blonde hair.

My mum raised her eyebrows at me about Max's gift; I was so glad that she was in a good mood today.

"Hurry up and get dressed" she instructed me, taking Max's hand and pulling him off my bed, "You have another present downstairs"

I was intrigued as to what the present was, though truth be told I was more than happy with just my bracelet.

Quickly I showered and got dressed ready for school and rushed downstairs.

"Where's dad?" I asked my mum who was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.

"He left early to go to the main office just now" she answered casually, "He told me to tell you happy birthday and that he hopes you like your main present"

I don't know why I bothered to feel disappointed - I should have expected that he wouldn't be there. Clearly, popping his head inside my bedroom to say happy birthday would have been too much of a hassle for him.