✦ chapter 2 ✦

1 month later...

"Hey, I'm going to get some ice-cream. Anyone want some?" I ask my three best friends. We were at the beach, laying on our beach towels.

Natalie shakes her head, not looking up from her phone. She was texting her boyfriend, Harry.

Abigail looks up from the book she's reading and says, "no thanks."

While Jennifer smirks. "Aw, is Lauren craving ice-cream? Poor you. It really is a shame that you can't swim." And she was right. It was Niagara Falls down there. In other words, I had my period.

I glare at Jen and give her the finger, in which she just rolls her eyes at. I stand up and make my way towards the ice-cream shop that was besides the beach. I get two scoops of double chocolate and slowly make my way towards my friends. We have been friends since grade 2 and have been inseparable ever since. Abigail was the nerd of the group. If we ever needed help with our studies, we would go to her. She was the most caring of our group. Natalie was the phone addict in the group. Her and her phone can never be apart. Then there's Jennifer. She was the loud and definitely outspoken one out of all of us. She would yell out weird things to strangers and she was the one who made all of us laugh. And me, I don't really know. I was just, well me.

As I reach our beach towels, I frown. They were no where to be seen. I look around and find them in the water with 3 guys. I couldn't make out their faces but I could tell they were definitely well built.

My friends ditched me for a bunch of guys. They're such good friends. (Hint the sarcasm)

I huff and sit down on my beach towel.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

I take out my phone and begin texting my sister, Sofie. Little Toby was slowly growing and he was just so adorable.

Me: what's up sis?
Sofie: just playing w/ Toby
Me: how is he?
Sofie: he's good. Let me send u a vid

Sofie sends me a video of Toby moving around and I smile at the sight.

"We're back!" Jen announces from behind me. I roll my eyes but don't turn around, wanting to finish watching Toby playing.

"Ah, Lauren? It's rude to ignore people." Jen says in an irritated voice.

I shake my head. "You know what else is rude? Ditching your friend for some guys."

It's silent for a while. The only noises being Toby and the other people on this beach.

Honestly, I was pissed that they would ditch me.

"I swear I'll rip that phone out of your hands!" Jennifer threatens after a while. I mock her under my breath and I receive a snicker from a guy sitting besides our beach towels. I send a smile his way which he returns. He looked to be a bit older than me.

"Lauren, we have some guests." Natalie says from behind me, in an exasperated tone.

Guests?

I turn my phone off and put it back in my bag before turning around. And when I do, I scowl. It was the guys they ditched me for.