✦ chapter 12 ✦

Noah's POV

"Why can't there be any decent shows?" I say in exasperation.

I was in my living room, alone in the house. My mum was at work and my grandparents were out. It's been a week since I had delivered the big information. Everyone's been great about it and supportive. They treat me the same and I couldn't ask for better friends and family. Five more days till my birthday. I will be turning 21.

I flick through the channels, trying to find something good enough to watch. I had no idea what to do. I had called all my friends, they all said the same thing. They were busy. I didn't even have work today, although I've been working most days for the last week. Tanya was even more annoying than before. I still can't believe she's the same person as the one that helped me get the job. As I change the channel again, my phone rings. Instead of a name, there's a number.

Who could it be?

I press the answer button and put the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I say.

"Hey babe. It's me." Says the person on the other line. My blood runs cold as I recognise the voice. Amber.

"What the f*ck do you want?" I spit.

"I thought it was pretty simple. All I want is you." She says in a sickly sweet voice.

I scowl and hang up the phone. How the hell did she get my number? Before I can think of an answer my phone rings again. This b*tch just can't stay away.

"Leave me the f*ck alone." I say into the phone, not even checking the caller ID.

It's silent on the line for a bit until I hear a voice that was not Amber. "Well who spit in your coffee?" I hear. It was Lauren.

"Sh*t, I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone else." I instantly apologise.

"That's okay. I know that you can't stay away from me, so by you telling me to leave you alone, I just knew that you weren't talking about me." She teases.

I instantly relax from my stiff posture and I let out a small chuckle. "Whatever helps you sleep at night." I say and hear a light laugh come from the other line.

I just love her laugh.

After a couple seconds of silence, I say, "so is there any particular reason you called or did you just want to hear my amazing voice?"

She gasps. "Yeah that's right! I called to ask you to come with me to the animal shelter."

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "Why are you going to the animal shelter? Are you buying a pet or something?"

"Exactly. So are you coming or not?"

"Uh, sure." I say, scratching the back of my head.

"Great! I'll come by your house in half an hour. Bye." With that she hangs up and I'm left staring at my phone.

Alrighty then.

-----

Lauren's POV ( an hour before the phone call)

It was me, Jennifer, Natalie, Abigail, Harry, Jacob and Ryan. We all sat in the living room, at my house. I had called them over to discuss Noah. Noah's birthday to be exact.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask the group.

There was a lot of shrugs and blank looks. "How about we throw him a surprise party?" Ryan asks. Abigail instantly nods her head. It was almost a week and Noah will be loosing the bet. They were still not together. They were more nods and noises of agreement.