✦ chapter 18 ✦

Who is your favourite character?

Lauren's POV

I sat on the couch, with my laptop on my lap. I turn Netflix on, looking through all the movies and series. I was home alone, wearing sweatpants and a tank top. My parents were at work and I didn't have work today. I don't know what everyone else is doing, no one has spoken to me since yesterday. It was now eleven in the morning.

I know, sad life.

I go through Netflix, hoping to find something new to watch. After a few minutes, my phone rings. It's Abigail.

"You decided to finally talk to me?" I say as I pick up the phone call.

"I need you to help me choose an outfit. I have a date with Ryan tonight and I have no idea what I am wearing! You need to come over." Abigail says, completely ignoring what I had said.

I roll my eyes and shake my head. So rude.

"So you two finally decided to go on a date?" I ask her, turning off my laptop. I knew I had to help her. She needs me, I'll be there.

"Yeah. We've both been busy. With me helping out at the vet and Ryan with studying for university, we didn't really have much time for a date. Now we are both free and I don't even know what to wear." Abigail says, exasperated.

"Abigail, you'll be fine. I'm coming over now. Call Natalie and Jennifer." I say, standing up with my laptop in hand.

"Okay, I'll call them now. Bye." She says and hangs up before I can even say bye.

I shake my head. People these days.

I go to my room, placing my laptop on my desk. I change into a pair of dark blue jeans and a printed tee. I tie my hair up in a pony tail and gather up my wallet, phone, house keys and car keys. I exit the house, locking it behind me.

Don't want any robbers, now do we?

I drive to Abigail's house. It was a one story house with three bedrooms. Abigail and her parents were the only ones living there. Abigail has an older brother, but he lives in America. I park my car in front of their house, noticing that both Jennifer's and Natalie's cars were already parked here. I get out of my car and knock on the door. I hear shouting before Natalie opens the door, looking flustered.

I raise my eyebrows. "You alright, there?" I ask her.

Natalie rolls her eyes and pulls me into the house, shutting the door behind me. "Come on." She says as she continues to pull me towards Abigail's room. When we enter, I pause and my eyes widen. There was clothes everywhere. Shoes were strewn all over the floor. Make up supplies were stacked on the desk. Jennifer was going through Abigail's closest and Abigail was passing amidst the shoes. Natalie walks in, seeming to not be bothered by the mess.

"What the hell happened here?" I shout, gaining all of their attention.

"Lauren!" Abigail shouts. I look at her in response. "Help me." She says, looking desperate. I take a deep breath. "Okay first, we need to clean up this whole mess. Second, I need to know where you are going. Three, I need to know when you are going." I say.