✦ chapter 17 ✦

Lauren's POV

"What ya cooking, mum?" I ask as I take a seat. My mum looks up from the stove and gives me a small smile.

"Pasta. I'm making dinner early because I have to go to work in two hours." She says.

I nod but then mentally face palm. She can't see you, idiot. "Okay." I say.

"Morning." My dad says in his gruff voice, walking into the kitchen. My mum and I both look at him and smile, which he returns with a small one of his own.

"Morning, dad." I say.

"Good morning, honey. Would you like some coffee?" My mum asks dad.

I smile at the word honey. Ever since that honey proposal, it has been my favourite word. My dad nods and after finishing off cooking the pasta, she makes it for him. By then, I've grabbed some cereal and I happily munch on it.

"What are you doing today?" My mum asks.

I turn to her to see which one of us she was talking to. She was looking at me so I mentally go over what I had planned for today. "Uh, I have work later on and then I might go see Noah." I say. Noah has been quite distant these past two days. He seems pissed at something every time I call him and I want to know why.

My mum grins. "Noah, hey?" Mum says. At these words, dad shoots me a look.

I quickly look down, my hair covering part of my face, stopping my mum from seeing the small smile I knew I had. I ignore mums comment and take the last bite of my cereal before putting it in the sink. I wash my dishes and put them away, aware of their gazes on me the whole time.

I finally turn back to them and say, "well I'm going up to my room. I shall see you both later." I quickly walk out of the kitchen and mum says, "this conversation isn't over." I just shake my head and enter my room.

-----

I enter the diner, hearing the familiar ring of the bell. I see Morgan in the front and when he looks up, I send him a smile. I walk over to him and say, "Hey Morgan. How have you been?"

He smiles. "I've been good. You?"

I nod and say, "I've been fantabulous." Morgan chuckles and shakes his head. "How are you and James?" I ask with a grin. At this, Morgan looks down, smiling. "We are doing great actually. I just wish I had met him sooner." He says, the smile never leaving his face.

Aww, that's so cute.

"I can't decide wether Jorgan or Harralie is my favourite." I say with a grin.

"Wow, you got ship names? It took me a while to actually figure out what you were talking about." Morgan says with a little chuckle. At this I laugh and say, "took you long enough." Morgan just rolls his eyes and I go to the back room to put my stuff away.

What I find in there makes me freeze before I regain my composure. I take a deep breath. "What the hell is going on in here?" I say in a slightly louder voice than usual. In front of me is the stupid tree sap and Blake. Making out. Blake is a waiter at the diner but I don't have many shifts with him. Blake had blonde hair with blue eyes.