✦ chapter 22 ✦

Lauren's POV

"What did you get Ryan?" I ask Abigail.

Abigail, Jennifer, Natalie and I were at the mall doing some Christmas shopping. Well it was more me doing the Christmas shopping. I haven't gotten anyone presents and I barely have two weeks. I always get presents at the last minute. I try buying them early but every time, I forget. It's like an old habit of mine.

"I got him some cologne. His was running out and I wanted to get something that I knew he would use." Abigail explains, shrugging a little.

I nod. "What did you get your man?" I ask Natalie with a smirk.

She rolls her eyes. "I got my man, as you have so kindly referred to him as, a watch. I saw him looking at it when we were at the mall together once." Natalie explains.

I then turn to Jennifer. "I would ask you what you got your man but there's just one problem." I say and pause. "You don't have one." I finish.

Jennifer raises her eyebrows. "Look who's talking." She says, looking me over.

I open my mouth but then close it. She got me there. Jennifer cackles. "I have rendered the all so mighty Lauren speechless." She says and laughs, looking pleased with herself.

"You're right." I say and Jennifer goes to say something, but I interrupt. "I am quite mighty." I say with a grin. I then turn to Abigail and Natalie. "I'm mighty, aren't I?" I ask them. They share a look before looking back at me. But before they can even get a peep out, Jennifer interrupts.

"The only thing that is mighty is your face." She says. I go to say, 'I know', but Jennifer interrupts yet again. "Mighty ugly." Abigail and Natalie do the usual 'oohs' and I just do nothing. I sit back in my seat and cross my arms, glaring at the three or them. We sat at a table, finishing off our food.

"You guys are so mean to me." I say and pout.

Jennifer rolls her eyes. "Shut up."

"You shut up." I say.

"No you-" before Jennifer could even finish the sentence, Natalie interrupts. "Both of youse, shut up!"

Jennifer and I turn to look at her, wide eyed. "What got your panties in a twist?" I mutter but it was loud enough for them to hear. Jennifer nods and says, "what she said." I roll my eyes at Jennifer.

What an idiot.

"You guys did." Natalie states, eyeing both me and Jennifer.

"Girl, I ain't going anywhere near your panties." Jennifer says. Now it's her turn to eye Natalie. Abigail laughs and I join her.

I have such weird friends.

Soon the whole table is in a fit of laughter. After a straight three minutes, our laughter finally subsides. I give a final sigh with a smile.

"Alright, let's continue shopping." Abigail says.

-----

It's been an hour and I have successfully gotten presents for everyone, all besides the girls and Noah. I obviously couldn't buy Abigail's, Natalie's and Jennifer's present with them there. I didn't find anything for Noah. Nothing really caught my eye. None of the stuff suited him. Well at least, that's what I thought.