✦ chapter 29 ✦

Noah's POV (before they had all met outside)

I had just said hi to my friends. It was Bernard and some other people I didn't know. As of right now, I was in search of a drink. I pass a kissing couple, making sure to keep my distance. I spot a cooler which was filled with ice and drinks. I walk up to it and go to grab a drink, but I stop when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over it to find Amber. I quickly jerk her hand away.

"What do you want?" I spit out. Did she have to ruin Christmas?

Amber shrugs and casually says, "just you. After all, it is Christmas. Why don't you be my gift?"

I shake my head. "You better find another gift." I say, walking away. I didn't expect her to follow me, but to my utter dismay, she did. I walk into the crowd, trying to lose her. She still follows me though. I walk into the kitchen, hoping she doesn't see me go in. But to no avail, she enters the kitchen seconds after.

I glare at her. "Why won't you just leave me the f*ck alone?"

She smirks. "Where's the fun in that?"

I groan, pushing past her. I find a door leading to the backyard and I enter. The music was quieter here. Amber walks up to me and goes to say something, but is interrupted by a familiar and harsh voice.

"What are you two doing?"

I turn my head to see Kevin. Not just Kevin though, Lauren was with him. What is she doing with him?

I turn my head back to Amber when I see her stepping forward. "It's my party, silly." She says.

My eyes widen. It was her party?

"You guys all know each other?" I hear Lauren ask after a couple seconds of silence.

Amber turns her attention to Lauren and she smirks. "Of course we did. We were best buddies in high school." She says.

Lauren rolls her eyes, an act I see her do all the time. "Best buddies? Really?" She says and I internally agree with her. Who in the world says best buddies?

Ambers scowls at her. "You got a problem?" She asks with narrowed eyes.

"That's enough." Kevin says, cutting off Lauren's retort. I wanted to punch him for that. Lauren glares at Kevin, although I could see she wasn't actually mad at him. He rolls his eyes and Amber walks up to him. She caresses his face, but Kevin swats her hand away, earning a chuckle from Lauren.

How did Kevin and Amber know each other?

Amber glares at Lauren and walks back towards me. I make sure we aren't in arms length. I do not want to go anywhere near her. I then turn to look at both Lauren and Kevin.

"Lauren." I say grabbing her attention. "How do you know Kevin?" I ask, glaring at him. I knew I spit out his name, but I couldn't help it.

"I met him at the diner while I was working. He was with his friends." She explains.

Friends. We used to be friends.

I nod, acknowledging her answer. "So how do you know Kevin?" She asks curiously.