✦ chapter 11 ✦

It's been two days since the incident at the theme park. I haven't spoken or heard of Noah ever since. I had called Ryan and Jacob but they said that he wasn't talking to them either. It kinda reminded me of the time where he didn't want me to know about his dad. I was worried about him and I was dying with curiosity.

Who is the tree sap?

I want to know if he is alright. I want to know what happened. I want to know who the tree sap is. I want to know what she is to him. I want to know everything. I know it's wrong. I know it's none of my business, but I had to know. I want to help, but I can't do that if I don't know what the problem is.

I'll go talk to him. That's what I'll do.

I had just finished work and was hoping that Noah was there, but surprise surprise. He wasn't. My parents were both at work so I was alone at home. I check the time. It's 3:45. I change into a pair of black jeans and a printed shirt. I put on black and white converses and leave my hair out. I grab a thin jacket and my phone and make my way out the house. I don't bother with any make up. Noah and his whole family have seen me make up free many times. I don't even wear make up that much. I make sure to close the door behind me. I drive to Noah's house and arrive there in no time. I ring on the door bell and wait patiently. After a minute, Noah's grandma opens it up. When she sees me, she smiles and ushers me in. She takes a seat on the couch in the living room and I do the same.

"What brings you here, child?" She asks.

"I was wondering where Noah is." I say.

She nods. "He's been really quiet lately. He won't talk to anyone. Hopefully you can help. I have a feeling he will let you in." She says with a knowing nod. I refrain myself from narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

What is she talking about?

"He's at a park." She says and gives me directions in where I can find it. I thank her and head over to the door, with Noah's grandma as my escort. Before I leave, I turn to her and say, "is there anything you needed?" She smiles and shakes her head. I nod and return her smile and head over to my car. I give her a final wave and back out of their driveway.

Noah's POV

I sat on the swing in the abandoned park. It was eerily quiet, with the only sounds being my breathing. Some people would think it's creepy, but I think it's peaceful. I always go here when I want some alone time or when I need to think. I found it 2 years back and have been coming here ever since. No one besides my family knows about this place. The sky is filled with dark clouds, matching my mood.

I still can't believe she came here.

I shake my head furiously with a scowl and rock the swing slightly with my feet.

"Noah?"

My head snaps up. It was Lauren.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, trying to keep my voice calm. How did she find me? She ignores my question and takes a seat on the swing besides me. I keep my face blank, not showing any emotions.

"I've been trying to talk to you." She says, pushing her feet so she's lightly swinging. I don't respond because I don't have anything to say. I have seen every text she's sent. I've noticed every time she called. I noticed it all.

"Noah, talk to me." She says with a sigh.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her again. I was not going to talk. I don't want to.

"I'm here to help you." She says, glancing over at me.

I scowl. "And how are you going to do that?" I spit. I didn't need anyone's help. I was fine on my own.