✦ chapter 21 ✦

Before I start, I just want to dedicate this chapter to sakanika . She's the main reason there's a chapter today.

Noah's POV

I had watched Lauren the whole day yesterday while she talked to those guys. I didn't know who they were, but Lauren seemed to. It had brought on a wave of jealousy. Can you believe it? Me, jealous? Me either. Lauren just brought up so many emotions.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I had work yet again today and that's where I am right now. I take the order of a bunch of teenagers, but my mind was still on Lauren. The way she smiled. The way her eyes lit up when she was talking about something important to her. The way she laughs. Everything about her.

"Hey!"

I snap back into reality and shake my head. My focus goes onto a wannabe bad boy. He wore a leather jacket. You could easily tell it was fake. He had his black hair spiked up with way too much jell. He snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I say, irritated.

"I have been telling you my order for like ten years. Pay attention, grandpa." He says in a snobby tone.

He did not-

"Is there a problem here?"

I turn to see Duncan walking towards us. "No." I say as the same time the little brat says, "yes." Duncan looks us over and then turns to me. "What is the problem, Noah?" He asks me. I take a deep breath. "There is no problem." I state, although I wasn't looking at Duncan, I was looking at the snobby brat. I give him a pointed look and he looks conflicted.

"Is there a problem?" Duncan asks, this time the question directed at the brat.

He glances at me before looking back at Duncan. "No, there is no problem." He says finally.

I stop myself from grinning in triumph. That's what I thought.

Duncan nods, giving me a final look before walking away. I clear my throat. "So, what would you like?" I say politely. He was still a customer and I couldn't afford to lose my job.

The brat smirks and I refrain from rolling my eyes. He crosses his arms over his chest and leans back against the booth. Him and his wannabe friends finally order and I can leave that miserable booth. I clean up two tables before I'm called over by an elderly man.

I smile and say, "welcome to Duncan's Diner. What can I get for you?"

He grunts and looks over the menu as I patiently wait. He reminded me of my grandpa. After a minute the man answers in a gruff voice, "a BLT with a black coffee."

I nod, writing it down. "Would you like any sugar in your coffee?" I ask. He simply shakes his head. "Your order should be here shortly." I say and walk away. I give Duncan the order of the BLT and go to Morgan. "One black coffee." I say.

He smiles and nods, making the coffee. "Sooo... you and Lauren hey?" Morgan says nonchalantly.

I raise an eyebrow. "What about me and Lauren?" I ask.