✦ chapter 19 ✦

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groan. I blindly reach for my phone on my bedside table. I look at the caller ID, surprised to see Jacob's name displayed. He has only called me once or twice.

I answer the phone. "Hello?" I mumble.

"Hey, I was wondering if you could come over. I have news to tell you." He says on the other line.

News? What kind of news could he be talking about?

"Uh, okay? Is it just me or the rest of the gang?" I ask.

"All of them. I've already called them up." He answers.

"What, so I'm the last one you called?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. Not like he can see it, though.

"Uh, well you know what they say. Save the best for last." He says after a couple seconds.

I roll my eyes. "Right." I say sarcastically.

"Are you coming or not?" He asks, exasperated.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I say before hanging up.

Now you know how it feels to be hung up on.

I begrudgingly get out of bed and proceed to do my daily routine. After half an hour, I'm out and heading to Jacob's house. I knock on the front door once I arrive and it is opened within seconds. Jacob gives me a somewhat nervous and shy smile and drags me inside, taking me to the basement.

I've been dragged one too many times.

As I enter the basement, I find the whole gang already there. I plop down on the couch, looking at the others.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." Noah mocks from beside me. I roll my eyes and slap his shoulder with the back of my hand. I turn my attention back to the others and my eyes snap to Abigail's and Ryan's intertwined hands.

I raise my eyebrows. "I presume it went well last night." I say to them.

Abigail blushes and looks down while Ryan grins, looking down at Abigail. "You could say that." Ryan says, not looking up from Abigail. I smile at them. I could drown in all of their cuteness. I shift my attention away from them when I hear a throat clear. It was Jacob.

"Okay guys. I have called of you hear for some important news." He says and pauses.

"You make it sound like you're dying or you just got married." Jennifer says, rolling her eyes. I chuckle a bit at this and Jacob glares at Jennifer.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted-" Jacob starts again.

"Technically I didn't interrupt you because you weren't talking at the time." Jennifer says, interrupting Jacob.

Jacob let's out an exasperated groan and throws another glare Jennifer's way. She just smirks. "That time, you interrupted." Jacob says.

Jennifer's smirk grows. "I know."

"Oh my gosh! Hurry up and tell us already." Natalie exclaims and Harry nods his head in agreement.

"I have a girlfriend." Jacob finally manages to get out. The room is silent for a second, all thinking many things.

"Hold up." I say and raise my hand. "You woke me up, to tell me you had a girlfriend?" I ask incredulously.

"It's a big thing for Jacob." Noah says. I look at him, giving him a confused look.