✦ chapter 24 ✦

Noah's POV

Ring!

My head shoots up and I look around, my heart beating fast, startled by the noise. I calm down once I realise it's from my phone. I pick it up and see that Ryan's calling.

"What?" I say once I answer. I was not happy that I was woken up, last nights or should I say this mornings, events didn't help either. I can't believe mum lost her job. How did she?

"Come over to Jacob's." He says, ignoring my rude comment.

"Why?" I say with a groan, plopping my head back down on the pillow.

I hear Ryan sigh on the other end of the line. "Just come, okay."

"Okay, okay. Fine." I say. I was going to go over anyways. "Give me half an hour." I add.

"I'll see you there, bye." Ryan says and hangs up after I reply back with a 'bye' as well.

I put my phone on the bedside table and begrudgingly get up. I swing my legs off the bed for the second time today, but this time, I could actually see with light streaming through the window. I proceed to do my morning routine and after I have a shower, I put on a grey shirt, a checkered flannel, black jeans and my grey vans. I leave my hair as it is and head over to the kitchen. Mum wasn't in there, but I wasn't surprised. I would be surprised if she were in here though, I don't know how long she stayed up for, but she needs her rest. I pour myself some cereal and go to check on my mum once I'm finished eating. I lightly knock on her door to see if she was awake. I got no response so I open the door and find my mum sleeping peacefully.

I'll leave her alone.

I decide to write her a note and I'll leave it on the kitchen counter so she finds it when she wakes up.

Morning, mum.
I just went to Jacob's and I didn't want to bother you while you were sleeping.
Call me when you wake up.
- Noah

I hop over to my car and get in, driving to Jacob's. I get there in no time and Jacob opens the door for me.

"Hey, man." I greet.

He gives me some what of a pained smile and says, "hey." I look at him suspiciously and go to ask him if he's alright, but he interrupts me. "Ryan is already here. Come in." He says. I know not to question him, so I follow Jacob into the basement. Ryan sat on the new black leather couch, staring at nothing. Jacob sits next to him and I take a seat on the beanbag which was facing them. They both gave me worried looks.

I raise an eyebrow. "What's up?" I ask. What wrong with them?

Ryan and Jacob share a look before Jacob clears his throat. "We have some news for you." Jacob says, sounding nervous.

"What, you're pregnant?" I say sarcastically, laying down on the beanbag.

Jacob rolls his eyes and goes to respond, but Ryan interrupts. "Lauren has a boyfriend." He blurts out.

I sit up so fast that's I'm surprised I don't have a headache or something. "What did you say?" I ask slowly.

"Lauren has a boyfriend?" Ryan says, although it sounded more like a question.

My eyebrows furrow. So I did hear him right. "How do you know this?" I ask.

"Remember that dinner I had to go to with Cassidy and her ex?" Jacob asks me and continues when I nod. "Well her ex has a girlfriend and he brought her to the dinner." Jacob says.