Chapter 1

A dark red liquid gathered around the drain beneath Theon's feet.

His dizzied head caught a glimpse of his left hand. Ramsay has peeled the skin from his pinky. Theon remembered what he had said to him while he flayed him.

"Don't worry, I'm very careful to make sure you'll survive." Ramsay's mouth curled into a sinister grin.

"When I'm done with you, you'll be begging me to stop being so cautious."

His grin was Theon's nightmare. Ramsay enjoyed every second, and Theon knew he had more in store for him. 

Theon could never rest his mind or body because his thoughts. For countless hours, his mangled body hung on the x. He knew that he had been there for days but the pain was causing them to all blur together in his head. He couldn't think straight. All he thought of was when Ramsay might return.

Theon tried to sleep, but it was almost impossible. He knew he would never find any. His body ached too much to bear. It kept him awake for every possible second.

The tears started to come to Theon again. He couldn't stop them anymore. They would run down his cheeks silently and meet his blood pooling beneath him. Theon remembered the first nights he was here. He wailed loudly and pleaded and screamed. Maybe someone or something would hear him and come to his rescue.

He now knew that no one was coming. No one could hear him, and even if they did, they didn't care.

He was alone and that was the thought that was too much to bear.

Theon heard the door open. He looked at the floor and shook his head. Ramsay was back. Ramsay was back. It caused him to let out an audible sob. He wanted to plead him no, but that would always lead to harsher torture. His fear kept him quiet.

"It's okay." A soft voice said.

Theon couldn't believe it wasn't Ramsay's cynical voice. He barely lifted his head to see a woman standing there. He couldn't believe it. He thought that me must be hallucinating.

She walked up to him not saying a word and held a cup in her hands. Theon was hesitant. He had been afraid for such a long time. What if this was another demented trick?

"Water?" She said quietly. Theon wouldn't deny that. She lifted the bottle to his lips and Theon started to drink the entire thing. Water spilled over and poured onto the ground. Theon was relieved to finally got the dried taste of blood out of his mouth as he felt the water go down his once dry throat.

She then pulled out a small piece of bread and fed it to him. Theon's growling stomach was soothed for once. Nothing ever tasted so good, even though it was only a piece of stale bread. She looked right into his eyes once he finished, which didn't take long. She gave him a sad smile. Theon wanted to ask so many questions, but he was overwhelmed. It made him silent instead.

She reached her hand forward. Theon jerked back a little in instinct.

He could feel his whole body shake. "It's okay." She tried to soothe him. He didn't resist this time as she put her incredibly soft hand onto his face. It was a gentle touch. Theon hadn't felt such a nice warmth in such a long time.

She wiped away some tears with her thumb. "I'm so sorry." She whispered. Then, she turned and left.

Theon was perplexed. He was so positive that no one was coming for him. No one cared for him. No one could hear his wails of pain. No one was there for him. He thought for sure he was alone.Nothing so lucky and good like that had happened to him in a long time