Chapter 37

Theon was standing just behind Tara. He watched her eyes look blankly at the sea waves. The sun and wind was beating down on her but it seemed to Theon that it didn't bother her. Lately, nothing seemed like anything to Tara.

Theon was scared.

He loved Tara more than anything but the entire trip to Westeros she had been distant. It scared Theon to his core. He felt like she was falling through his fingertips. The last thing he wanted was to lose her but he didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to help her or talk to her. He didn't know what was wrong.

So all Theon could do was watch her from afar. Admire her and worry for her but not from upclose. He was always too far away.

Regardless of their situation, they arrived at Westeros. Dragonstone to be more specific.

Theon and Tara got off together. The entire arrival all eyes were on Daenerys. Everyone of importance trickled in after Daenerys. Everyone watched her react to the grandness of Dragonstone.

It was a long while before everything started to settle. Theon had spent the whole day with Yara and the Ironborn. There was a lot of work to do with the ships now that they had arrived in Westeros.

But the whole day, all Theon was thinking about was Tara. He wanted to know what she was doing. He wanted her by his side.

Tara had decided to stay by the castle instead of the shore. She told Theon it was because she was sick of staring at the sea but it was really because she couldn't even look Theon in the eyes anymore.

Finally, night started to set in.

Theon immediately left Yara and the Ironborn and went to go find Tara. He walked down the hallways of Dragonstone. He found what was supposed to be their room. He was about to swing the door open when he stopped himself. He needed a moment to think about what to say to Tara. He needed to say something, but what?

Theon gathered his bearings and then slowly opened the door. Tara was indeed inside. She was sitting on the bed. It almost looked like she was waiting.

Tara and Theon looked at each other. It felt like they hadn't in a long time.

"Tara." Theon said.

Tara ignored him and walked up to Theon. Theon didn't know what was happening.

Tara hugged him. Theon was suprised but returned the embrace. He was just glad to hold her.

Tara gave him a trail of kisses from his neck all the way up to his mouth. They connected and finally were together.

Theon was beyond glad. He felt like he now had Tara back.

Tara wasn't feeling quite the same way. She wanted to but she had to stop. She pulled away from Theon suddenly.

Theon looked down at Tara. He wanted to know so badly what was happening.

"I can't." Tara said quietly.

"Tara, what's wrong?"

Tara had to take a moment. She could feel tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

"Please. Tell me."

Tara shook her head. "I don't know how to say it." Her voice broke.

Theon pulled her closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her. "You can tell me anything."

Tara nodded, "I know."

"Let me help you." Theon whispered into her shoulder.

Tara pulled out of Theon's embrace. She kept her eyes fixed on the ground.

"I'm..." Tara almost didn't want to say it. Because saying made it too real but she had to. Theon had to know.

"I'm pregnant." She broke.

Theon's heart dropped. Tara immediately started to sob. Theon pulled her into him. It was partly to comfort her and to comfort himself.

"It's okay." Theon said.

"It's not. It's not okay." Tara said through her tears, "I have that monster's baby inside of me."

"I don't care." Theon said.

"What?" Tara didn't understand.

Theon pulled back and put his hands on each side of Tara. He needed to look at her for this. "I don't care if I know it's not mine. This baby..." Theon placed his hand on her stomach, "I'll still raise it as if it were my own because I love you Tara. More than anything."

Tara looked into Theon eyes. She let out more sobs. This time it wasn't because she was sad. This time it was because she had never been so relieved in her life.