Chapter 9

Theon laid on the hay in a cage. He looked over next to him in the cages were the hounds. They were all sound asleep. The only thing Theon could hear was the wind howling outside. He turned onto his side and tried to keep warm by pulling his legs into his body. He hopelessly closed his eyes to try to find some sleep. Even if he didn't sleep, he loved to close his eyes because when he did, it almost felt like he was asleep in the cave. He hoped that once he opened his eyes again that Tara would hand him bread and water. He would be able to touch her and she wouldn't be bruised. That's all he could dream for.

But once he opened his eyes, he knew she wouldn't be there.

The hounds started to bark and it woke Theon up immediately. He sat up quickly and looked around. People held a torch and were approaching the cage. It wasn't until they got closer that he realized it was his sister, Yara. They busted the lock off. Theon looked around perplexed at what was happening. One moment he was dreaming and the next Yara had shown up.

"We're going home." She reached in to grab his arm. He heard bells going off and the dogs were barking and growling. They pulled him out of the cage. Theon was extremely disoriented.

"No, no I can't leave without her." Theon said. But Yara wasn't listening and looked away. She then looked back at him.

"It's me Yara, I'm here to save you."

"I can't leave without her! I can't leave without Tara."

"If they come down here we will be trapped." One of her men said at the same time. She looked back and forth between the two.

"Who are you talking about Theon? Come on we have to go!" She started to pull him.

"They'll kill her if I leave!" Theon yelled.

Right at that moment, Ramsay and his men burst in through the door. Ramsay had lots of cuts all over his chest with blood seeping out of all of them.

"What a lovely night." Ramsay said and then they all started to attack each other. In the process they let go of Theon and he stumbled backwards onto the floor.

He tried to see what was happening but it all was happening so fast. One man's throat was slit, another was stabbed, and men fell to the ground as they continued to clang weapons with each other.

Eventually Yara and her men end up on the opposite side they began, and Ramsay and his were right in front of Theon.

"Give me my brother and no more of your men will die." Yara commanded.

"Really?" Ramsay smiled, "How fast can you run?" Ramsay unlocked the hounds and sent Yara and her men running out. They left as quickly as they came.