Chapter 39

Theon again sat below decks. His sister and Ellaria Sand sharing drinks with each other. 

"How can you drink this piss?" Ellaria spat, "When we reach Sunspear, I'll treat you to a dornish red. The best in the world."

Theon almost wanted to roll his eyes. He hated always having to be around his sister if he was honest. Of course he loved her, but sometimes they just didn't understand each other. 

"Have you ever been to Dorne?" Ellaria asked.

"A few times. Never stayed long." Yara sipped from her cup.

"A boy in every port?"

"A boy, a girl. Depends on the port." Yara and Ellaria's eyes met.

Theon put his cup down and got up. He knew where this was heading and he wasn't keen on seeing  it. 

"Could we get some more?" Ellaria stopped him. Theon looked back at the pair.

"I thought it wasn't for you." Yara said.

"I'm developing a taste for it." Again they eyed each other.

"He's not your servant." Yara tried but Theon was already filling a cup. 

"It's fine." Theon put the cup on the table. 

"So, you're going to be Queen of the Iron Islands." Ellaria spoke again to Yara. "Once I kill my uncle." She said simply.

As Theon walked back over to his seat, Ellaria pulled at his arm. "And what will you be, handsome?" Theon cringed at her use of adjective. He felt only Tara could call him that. He tried to brush past it in his mind, "Whatever my queen commands." Ellaria stood up to match him.

"He'll be my advisor. My protector." Yara leaned back in her seat.

"Oh, I see. Your protector." She looked him up and down before she finally walked away from him, "So if someone gets too close to you..." Ellaria walked closer to Yara.

"He might have to intervene." Yara said as Ellaria straddled her. 

"To hold that person back." Ellaria continued. 

"Until they've made their intentions known." Yara said as Ellaria dragged her hand down the side of her leg and pulling it to the side. 

Theon stood there awkwardly. He felt he had been in this situation too many times with Yara so far but atleast before he would have Tara. He wished she was here beside him. 

"So why are you standing all the way over there?" Ellaria was now referring to Theon, "A foreign invasion is under way." Her hand went down the side of Yara's thigh.

"Leave him be." Yara said, more looking at Theon. Ellaria wasn't paying any attention to him. Yara almost shrugged her shoulders at Theon. Theon decided it was the best time to exit. 

He stood on the deck for moment. He was glad to be out of there and up into the night sky. 

His eyes found the stars above him. All he could think was Tara and him on that night. When all was calm. He found a familiar constellation and thought of home, of Tara. 

An explosion suddenly went off. It rocked the boat violently. All of a sudden, it was like all the men aboard immediately woke up. It went from a moment of calm to chaos aboard the deck. Adrenaline pumped inside of Theon as he looked for his sister. He found her amidst the chaos watching in the distance. He stood beside her and looked to see. 

A giant ship was appearing through the fog and explosions. It's sail finally blew in the wind showing the symbol they had seen so many times in their life. 

"Euron." Yara finally said. 

The massive ship ran directly into them, knocking Yara and Theon to the wood below them. Theon tried to regain his balance as he watched his sister push herself back up. Theon turned to look onto Euron. He stood upon the bow of the ship as it crashed down on top of a man, crushing him to oblivion. 

He ran onto the ship yelling a war cry as men followed behind him. Theon readied his sword. He wanted to be afraid but there was no time to be. 

One of the men ran towards him, Theon didn't waste a second to stab him right through the chest. He pulled his sword out as it dripped with blood and turned to another man to block a hit. 

It was pandemonium all around him. He had forgotten all the men he had stabbed by now as all he could feel was adrenaline. This was life or death. 

Fire surrounded him as he blocked another hit with his sword. The man had a crazy look in his eyes as he tried to hit him again. Theon blocked it again before he brought his sword back around and stabbed him through the throat. He watched the life drain from his eyes as he swiftly pulled the sword back. 

"Little Theon!" He heard that familiar voice. He snapped towards the sound. 

Euron was holding his massive ax to Yara's throat. Theon stepped towards his uncle. "Ah come on you fucking coward." 

"I have her." He grinned evilly, "Come and get her."

Theon almost felt like time was slowing as he tried to take in everything. Blood was splattered against Euron's grin. It was dripping down from Yara's mouth. He looked around the deck at all the dead men. Euron's men were all that were left. They had now moved to pure torture of the few remaining Iron born who were still breathing. He watched as one of them pulled teeth from a man's mouth. He screamed in agony. Another man, stabbed right through an Iron born on the ground. The screams were now pulsing in Theon's mind. The images were coming back.  He saw Ramsay plastered on the faces of the men. He saw his bleeding body drain into a hole in the ground. He saw his flayed fingers before him. Lastly, he saw Tara. Her being beaten and raped and carved into. 

He started to shake uncontrollably from the fear growing inside of him. He looked at Yara one last time. A tear was streaming down her face. 

Without thinking, he dropped his sword and jumped overboard.