Chapter 34

Tara ran to Theon right as he opened the door. She kissed him so suddenly that Theon was taken aback. She laughed light heartedly once she pulled away from her peck. Theon laughed just because she was laughing.

"Why are you so happy?" Theon asked while laughing.

"The meeting went well didn't it?" Tara said, "And I'm excited to see you. Is there anything wrong with that?"

Theon laughed, "No, of course not."

She turned to herself to look at the room they were given, "And look at this room they are letting us stay in!"

Theon wasn't looking at the room. Instead he was looking at Tara. She was so happy, and it made Theon happy.

"Come look." She grabbed his hand and pulled him through carved wooden frames to outside. Theon followed her outside to a porch of sorts. She leaned against the railing and looked out. Theon followed suit.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

Theon couldn't disagree with her about that. The sun was setting and the beautiful colors in the sky were reflecting against everything. The river way down in the valley was a mirror to the sky above. The sand colored buildings filled the valley to the brim. The city was beautiful. 

Theon looked over at Tara. She looked so content. Her soft eyes were full of wonder as they reflected the sunset.

Tara noticed he was looking at her and turned from the wonderful view to Theon. She loved the way he looked at her. Almost as if he thought that she was more beautiful than the view of Meereen. Tara let a small smile escape her lips, and Theon returned the favor.

Theon pulled her closer by putting his hand on her face and then kissed her again. It made both of their hearts rise in sync. Tara undeniably knew that this was the happiest she had ever been.

They pulled away from each other. Tara traced his jawline as they stayed mere inches from each other.

"Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"You saved me." Tara said as she looked up into his bright eyes.

"You saved me." Theon repeated. Tara blushed as she looked to her feet. Theon brushed hair out of her face.

"Tara," Theon started.

She looked up from the ground. His heart melted when her eyes met his.

"I have never been happier than right now in this moment." Theon could feel himself become nervous. He had imagined doing this for a quite a long while, and he always lost the courage. Every time he wanted to, he felt it wasn't the right moment. Now was the best moment he was going to get, but he couldn't help but have his words escape his mind.

"What's wrong?" Tara asked concerned as she took up his hands in hers.

"Nothing. Everything is the opposite of wrong." Theon looked up from his feet. He was starting to gain his bearings. Now the words were flowing to him, "I've never been happier, and I don't want to ever stop feeling this way. I know it's you. You make me happy and I never want to leave your side."

Theon paused for a moment to gather all the rest of the courage he needed, "Will you spend your life at mine?"

Tara smiled so brightly, "Of course I will."

Theon returned her smile. He was happy he didn't need to be nervous anymore. He kissed her again, this time stronger than the last.

Tara started to giggle during the kiss, and Theon mirrored her.

"You were so nervous." She laughed as they pulled away.

"I know." Theon laughed too.

"Why?" Tara asked, "It's not like I would have said no." Tara smiled.

"I don't know. It's a scary question to ask, and a part of me didn't know if I deserved you."

That broke Tara's heart, "Of course you deserve me."

"But after all the horrible things I've done-" Theon started.

Tara cut him off, "You are a good man Theon." She was dead serious.

Tara leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, "You might not know it yet, but I do."

The sun was fading away now so Tara went back through the frames. Theon followed her.