Chapter 32

It was back to sailing. It had been a few more days and stormy nights. Unfortunately, Tara's stomach had been quite disagreeable with the constant rocking, but they would reach Meereen soon. Some said they would reach Meereen in the morning.

It was late at night but for the first time ever, it wasn't storming. The sky was calm which allowed the stars to be seen well in the sky. The lack of strong wind is what made many doubt that they would reach Meereen by the morning.

Since it was calm outside, Theon and Tara stood outside on the deck. They leaned against the wooden railing around the ship and looked up at the stars. They hadn't been able to see the stars the entire trip because of the weather, so it was kind of special.

No one else was really on deck. They were all in the hull of the ship. They could hear the men drinking and laughing beneath them. It was the only sound they could hear besides the water lapping quietly against the ship.

Theon would point up at the stars occasionally and trace constellations in the sky. Tara tried to follow the pictures but it was kind of difficult.

"How do you know all of these?" Tara asked after he pointed out another.

"I learned them a long time ago." Theon said, "It's all related to the drowned god."

"I think my mother taught me when I was young. For some reason, they stuck with me real well. She said that even when I wasn't in Pyke, I could look up at the stars and know that Pyke would always be nearby." Theon finished.

"I have never heard you talk about your mother." Tara said.

Theon thought for a moment, "I was taken to Winterfell when I was 10. I don't really remember her that well." Theon knew he was somewhat lying. He remembered his mother more than he admitted, but he didn't want to remember because it made him upset.

He continued anyways, "My mother was heartbroken because my two brothers died in the rebellion, and then they took me away."

"She never really recovered." He looked over at Tara.

Tara leaned against him, and Theon wrapped his arm around her.

"I was taken when I was 10 too." Tara said, "I don't remember my mother."

"I guess we are both orphans." Theon said.

Tara nodded, "I guess we are." She wrapped her arm back around him too.

"Good evening." Theon and Tara split themselves apart to see who it was. Yara was walking up to them with a cup of ale in her hand.

Theon nodded slightly. Tara hung her head. She didn't want to upset her.

"Can I speak to Tara for a moment little brother?" Yara asked. Theon and Tara looked at each other. Theon grazed her hand lightly, "I'll be in bed." Tara looked scared but Theon knew that Yara was probably going to say something good. He turned and went inside leaving Tara and Yara alone.

Tara watched him leave and wished he didn't. Yara leaned against the railing next to her. Tara was scared she was angry.

"I wanted to thank you." Yara said. Tara turned to her. That wasn't what she was expecting at all.

"At first I thought you were to blame for keeping my brother there. I blamed you for his capture." Yara said, "But I was wrong."

Tara didn't say anything at all. Yara looked away from the ocean to her, "You saved my brother. The way he talks about you and cares about you. Without you, he would have never come back. He would have been stuck as that rat shit coward forever."

"I know I was cold to you at first, but I think we should be friends." Yara said, "I think anyone who's helped my brother so much is someone I should want to stay around."

Tara thought for a moment, "I'm happy you changed your mind."

Yara nodded, "I'm glad I did too." She took a sip of her ale while they both stood there in silence.

"You can go back to him now if you want." Yara said as she held the cup loosely in her hand.

Tara smiled, "Thank you." Tara rushed off. Yara chuckled to herself as she took another sip of her ale.