Chapter 21

Ramsay brought Sansa to the flayed woman on the cross. Theon hated himself. He hated that he failed. The old woman didn't deserve to die and Sansa didn't deserve this either. Theon hung his head in the falling snow.

"Bring my wife back to her chambers. It's far too cold out here for a lady." Ramsay said to his men.

Sansa started to cry. Ramsay continued, "You should hold onto your candles. The nights are getting so long."

He pecked her on the cheek. Sansa's tears streamed down her face.

~

"I failed Tara." Theon shook his head. He was pacing about the room. He was shaking and all his movements were jerky. His eyes were glossed over. Tara followed him with her eyes trying to get him to stop moving and look at her, but he wouldn't. He kept rambling on about something but Tara couldn't understand what he was saying. He was hysterical.

He continued to ramble, "Theon. Slow down." Tara tried to say over him.

He continued to go on, "It's all my fault. It's all my fault." He stared at the floor shaking his head. The picture of the old woman permanently burned into his brain. The way she looked. Her eyes had died with fear in them. Theon would bet that Ramsay did it while she was still alive.

Tara grabbed his arm. Theon snapped out of his ongoing flashbacks.

"Theon." Her voice was calm and cool. Her eyes were reflecting her tone of voice.

"Just tell me what happened."

Theon took a deep breath. He realized that he didn't think he was breathing before.

"I failed Tara and because of me Ramsay flayed a poor old woman. He killed her and it's because of me. He made Sansa look at her and Sansa was crying and..." Theon looked to the ground.

"See, this is what happens when I am Theon. No one gets hurt when I'm Reek."

Tara didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to change his mind.

"I'm sorry." Tara whispered. It was all she could think to say. She gave his hand a squeeze.

"I can't try to escape now. I don't want anyone else to die." Theon paused, "I'm sorry Tara."

Tara turned his face towards her. She traced his jawline with her fingertips all the way to his chin. Theon melted at her touch. She never failed to comfort him when he needed it.

"I won't make you try to do anything else." Tara said to him but she knew that a part of her was lying. They couldn't stay with Ramsay. They couldn't stay here.

~

Tara's stomach twisted inside of her. Ramsay wanted to see her again. Tara slowly made her way up the stairs. Each step made her feel more and more sick.

Tara knocked on the door. "Come in."

Tara knew she wasn't even breathing when she walked in. Ramsay was sitting at a table.

"Hello Tara." He grinned. Tara stood in one spot. She didn't even look up from a spot on the floorboards.

Ramsay stood up and took a few steps towards her. Tara was petrified. Ramsay put his hand on her chin and she flinched when she felt his cold touch. With one finger, he lifted her face to look at him.

"Turn around." He commanded.

Tara turned for him. It was worse when she couldn't see what he was doing. she could feel his fingertips grazing her back before he suddenly pulled back her clothes violently. Tara let out a whimper out of fear. Ramsay chuckled some. He knew he terrified her.

He ran his fingers down her scarred back. Then, Tara could feel him come close to her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He pecked her on her back.

"I missed this." Ramsay whispered right into her ear. She was starting to lose herself again. Tears streamed down her cheeks. He continued to rub his hands wherever he pleased.

"What does it say on your back?" Ramsay asked.

Tara shook. She couldn't move her lips.

"Don't make me ask a second time."

Tara made herself talk, "Whore." She cried.

"Do your job for me." Ramsay commanded. Ramsay pulled her around. Tara looked away from him. He pulled her waist to him and kissed her neck. Tara knew she was shaking.

"Are you afraid of me?" Ramsay asked.

Tara nodded her head. Ramsay broke into a huge grin. "Good."