Chapter 11

Ramsay patted Theon on his armor. They stood atop a hill overlooking what Theon now knew was Moat Catlin. Many men on horses surrounded them ready for a fight.

"A kraken." Ramsay looked at the Kraken imprinted into Theon's armor, "Mmm. Strong, as long as they are in the sea. When you take them out of the water, no bones. They collapse under their strong weight and slump into a heap of nothing."

"You'd think they'd know that. Unfortunately, they aren't very bright." Theon stared at the ground as Ramsay told his story.

"What do you tell them?" Ramsay asked sternly. Theon looked up at Ramsay.

"I'm Theon Greyjoy, son of Balon. Heir to the Iron islands." Theon said as Ramsay put on his gloves.

"And what are you really?" Ramsay asked.

"I'm Reek."

"Are you sure?" Ramsay asked. Theon nodded his head. "You sure do look like a lord. Formidable, proud."

"I'm Reek."

"Until when?"

"Always. Forever."

"That's right." Ramsay placed his hand on his face, "Until you're rotting in the ground."

Ramsay started to lead him out so he could look all the way over to the castle.

"Bring me Moat Catlin."

Theon rode across the swamp wasteland between the hills and Moat Catlin. He held a white flag and the horse walked towards the castle. Dead men scattered the ground. He rode up to the gates and then stopped. Men atop guard towers called down to him.

"Who are you?"

Theon rode into the gates and into the castle. Men were hauling dead bodies and putting them into piles. People were coughing and sneezing. Moat Catlin was in terrible shape. Theon followed a guard past many people until he was brought in front of the people in charge.

"Kenning." One man said, "Commander of this Moat, and you say you're Theon Greyjoy."

"Yes." Theon took a few steps forward.

"And why should I believe that?"

"I was born on Pyke to Balon Greyjoy. His third and last living son. I am your prince. I swear it by the drowned god. What is dead may never die." Theon put his hand to his chest.

The men repeated the saying after he said it.

"And if you are my prince, why are you marching with a Bolton army?" Kenning asked.

"Lord Bolton took me captive after Winterfell. He has sent me to treat with you in good faith as your fellow Ironborn." Theon replied.

"What does Lord Bolton want?" Once he asked that, Theon handed him a scroll. He started to read it.

"You are failing from sickness, you are badly outnumbered, and you are hundred miles from the sea. Lord Bolton implores you to protect your men and abandon this fortress you can no longer hold." Theon paused, "Do this and he will be just and fair with you as he has been with me."

"He wants us to surrender." The man said with some anger in his voice.

"My father, your king, surrendered to Robert Baratheon. I watched him bend the knee. There was no shame there. He fought with honor just as you."

Kenning suddenly groaned and then collapsed for a moment. His men helped him to his feet again. He staggered for a moment and then spit blood right onto Theon's face.

"No shame, fought with honor." He spat on the ground, "Only a whipped dog would speak this way. Or a woman."

Theon started to shake as flashes of Ramsay over Tara flashed into his mind. He kept seeing flashes of it in his mind. He tried desperately to brush it away.

"Are you a woman boy?" He sneered.

He saw Tara's bruised face and he continued to shake more. He tried to tell himself to stop it.

"You don't know-" Theon said shakily.

"The Ironborn would not surrender."

Then, Ramsay was driving screws through his feet. He shook his head to try to stop the images from appearing in his head.

"You go tell you master that. Theon Greyjoy, or whoever the fuck you are." He spat.

Ramsay pushed himself into Tara.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Right as he said that an axe was brought down into his skull. Theon watched his body drop to the ground. Theon was glad the images were gone now. Another man picked up the scroll and looked at it.

"If we yield we live. Is that what it says on this paper?" The man asked.

"Yes." Theon responded, "Have your men raise the white flag and open the gates. You're going home."

Ramsay placed his arm over Theon's shoulder. All around the men who Theon thought he was saving were dead. Kenning was hung up and flayed by Ramsay.

"Are we going home now?" Theon asked.

"I believe we will. To our new home." Ramsay said. Theon kept his eyes fixated at the ground.

"Will Tara-" Theon muttered.

"Oh Reek, I forgot to tell you about your reward this time." Ramsay walked away. Theon hoped that meant yes.