Chapter 7

Theon barely had the courage to even look up. He hated himself. 

Ramsay would kill Tara and then he would kill him. Who knows how long it would take? It could take years until Ramsay was finally bored of torturing them and then maybe he would finally kill them. He promised to himself that he would protect Tara from evil men. He had already broken that promise several times over.

Suddenly, Ramsay entered the room and shoved Tara ahead of him. Her face was bruised, even more than Theon's. She was in terrible condition. Her hair was ratted. Her clothes were ripped and only barely covered her anymore. Theon knew she had been through unimaginable things. 

"It has come to my attention that Tara has yet to tell you something." Ramsay stepped forward towards Theon. Theon's whole body was shaking. Ramsay looked to Tara. When she didn't say anything Ramsay kicked her in her side.

Tara let out a wail of pain. "Tell. Him." Ramsay snarled at her.  

Tara forced herself to barely open her mouth. Now, she was being forced to tell Theon the truth. She would have to tell him why he reminded him of herself. She could only hope that he would be able to forgive her. 

"I work for Ramsay."

Theon looked up in astonishment. He didn't understand.

It was quiet for moment, but then Ramsay started to laugh hysterically. "Oh," Ramsay walked closer to Theon, "You had no idea, did you Reek?" Theon looked to the ground. Ramsay laughed again through his grin.

"Why do you think it was easy to escape? Do you really think a cripple and a whore were able to just waltz out of the Dreadfort?" Ramsay sneered. "She was lying to you the whole time, Reek."

Then, Ramsay looked at Tara in disgust. "That is, until she betrayed me." Ramsay kicked her again. She let out another wail. 

Theon watched Tara in pain. He was so utterly confused as to what was happening. He didn't want to believe Ramsay's words.

"Poor Reek." Ramsay grazed his hand over Theon's face. Ramsay touching him sent fear through Theon's entire body. Ramsay grinned as he noticed the fear he caused in Theon.

Theon didn't want it to be true but it made sense. They were able to escape almost too easily. Ramsay must have thought it was hysterical to trick him with the same thing twice. 

Tara looked up from the ground and met Theon's eyes. She looked terrible. Both of her eyes were black and her face had dried blood covering it. 

Both Tara and Theon were prisoners of Ramsay. Both of them were stuck under his control and torment. Tara was trapped as one of his whores. 

Tara remembered when Ramsay told her what he wanted her to do. She was going to do everything he had told her to do.

That was until she saw Theon hanging on that x. When she saw what Ramsay had done to him, she felt tremendous empathy. Ramsay had done the very same thing to her. She knew firsthand what his torture was like. In that moment, there was no way she was going to be able to follow Ramsay's commands to trick him. She needed to save him, to save herself. 

Tara pushed herself from the stone floor. She shook her head as tears rolled down her cheeks. She tried, but no noise would come out of her throat. 

"I'm sorry."