Chapter One.

It's been three days since the whole fiasco happened. I'm supposed to be moving in with my uncle today. The last three days have been hard. I'm not sure I can do all of this on my own. And that's what I am right now; alone. I was as of now sitting on my window seat, staring out at the snow falling down on the big city. I'm gonna miss this place.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a soft knock on my door and it opening. I didn't bother to turn to see who it was.

"Katherine, sweetie, your cab is here to take you to the airport." My nanny, Rosa, said quietly.

"Alright." I whispered.

I got up and made my way toward the door, but not before stopping and looking around my room solemnly. When I got to the front door, Rosa turned me toward her and hugged me tight.

"Now don't you go on forgetting about me now, Katherine." She said sweetly and smiling. She was an old lady, probably in her eighties.

"How could I forget the woman who practically raised me?" I chuckled with tears brimming my eyes.

"Now, now, dear. Don't start crying." She wiped the tears that started to fall from my eyes. "Go on. I'll get Johnson to bring your luggage." And with that I was being pushed out the door.

"Wait, Johnson?" I stopped him.

"Yes, miss Katherine?" He asked politely.

"Thank you." I smiled slightly.

"For what?" He looked confused.

"For being there for me. You and Rosa practically raised me and I can't thank you enough." I stated.

"It was a pleasure, miss Katherine." He bowed slightly before hugging me and walking back into the house.

I sighed and got into the car. I put my headphones on and started listening to Trouble by Never Shout Never. And slowly drifted off to sleep.

-

"Miss." I was awakened with someone shaking my shoulder lightly.

"Huh? Oh, right, sorry." I mumbled getting out of the car and grabbing my things with the help of my cab driver.

I went over to one lady at one of the desks and asked about my flight.

"Oh, it seems you've been arranged a private jet." She smiled. "Carter, show this young woman to her plane."

"Yes, ma'am." A very gorgeous boy showed up with brown hair and blue eyes. I couldn't stop staring, but realized I should because I didn't wanna look like a creeper.

Carter lead me to my plane giving me a quick smile before helping me put my bags away and leaving.

"Woah." I whispered looking around.

I could get used to this.

I had just chosen a seat when I heard the pilot over the intercom telling me to buckle up. I did as told.

I pulled out my iPhone, plugging in my headphones and putting them on, then started  scrolling through my music. I stopped at the c's and clicked on Wasting All These Tears by Cassadee Pope. I felt myself dozing off, but tried to fight it. Eventually, I gave into my tiredness.