Chapter Twenty-Two.

It's been a month since Louis' been in here. We don't get to see each other everyday, but at least it's something. We've gotten to see each other, maybe, three times. I miss him so badly. We've made made progress, I guess. Not a lot though. I'm still emotionless most of the time. I'm either way too emotional, or way too numb. I'd rather be numb than to feel anything.

"Katy," Danielle came in. "these were requested to be sent to you by Louis."

I nodded, not even giving her a glance. I just kept staring out the window. She walked over and set them down in front of me before walking back out.

-The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

-Staying Strong by Demi Lovato

-Our Love Story by Louis Tomlinson 

Those were the books in the stack. I pulled off the little sticky note on the top.

"     My love,

   I remember you telling me The Fault In Our Stars was your favorite book of all time, so I thought it'd cheer you up a little bit. I sent Staying Strong because I thought you'd need it right now and I know Demi Lovato is your idol. 

   In the month or so that I've been here, I've written out our love story so far. I know it isn't finished yet, but I was hoping you'd like to finish the rest.

   I love you, and I miss you more than anything right now. I can't wait to see you.

     With greatest admiration, Louis     "

"Louis," I croak, breaking down into tears whilst holding 'Our Love Story'.

"Katy," Danielle interjects, coming in once more. "We're going to move you and Louis into adjoining rooms in the regular hall. How does that sound?"

"Amazing," I whisper.

"I'm proud of you, babe." She smiles, rubbing my arm.

"Can we go now?" I ask.

"Of course!" She exclaims.

"How are you and Liam?" I question, making her blush. She and Liam have been talking, not dating, but talking. I suspect they'll date soon,

"We're fine." She answers with a giggle.

"You guys are cute." I say in a monotone.

"Thanks," She laughs, knowing I mean it even if I don't sound like it.

"Is my stuff coming?" I ask.

"Of course, it's being sent down there now. Go in there and change into this." She hands me a pair of clothes.

"But I'm not-"

"Shush, just go." She orders, I do as told. I slip into my turquoise jeans before throwing a white tank top and my Aeropostal zigzag cardigan. I bend down to pull on my high heel ankle boots before throwing my hair up into a cute bun with a braid. I put on some eye liner and mascara glide my ring over my finger before walking out to be met my everyone screaming "Surprise!".

(A/N outfit at www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=124361120 .) 

"Oh my god!" I cry, dropping my things before running to Louis to hug and kiss himon the cheek.

"Hey, we're here too!" Niall pouts. I laugh and give him a huge hug. He picks me up and spins me around whilst nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Niall," I laugh, feeling like I was on top of the world; the happiest I'd been in awhile.

"Alright, our turns!" Simon interrupts. I hug them all and kiss uncle Simon on the cheek. Louis looks pissed.

"What's wrong?" I ask, everyone turning their attention to Louis and I.

"You and Niall are what's wrong!" He explodes, making me jump.

"Huh?" I shake my head, not comprehending the situation.

"You two act like you're dating and I'm right here!" He shouts.

"Louis, I-"

"Save it, I don't wanna hear it. Go have fun with your new boyfriend." He spits as he turns to walk off.

"Wait, are you saying-"

"Yeah, we're done." He turns back around and starts to walk down the long hallway again.

"Louis, please!" I cry, but he doesn't even turn around.

"Louis, come back!" I wail. I'm about to start sprinting after him when I feel arms wrap around my waist. I struggle against them, trying to get to the love of my life.

"Shh, Katy, it's okay. Stop fighting." Niall whispers in my ear as I go limp, my face falling as I see him walk out the door.

"I need you." I say just above a whisper, my voice cracking.

"Come back."

------------

A/N

Hey guys, I need three votes and at least a couple comments on this for the next chapter. Also, I won't be able to post for about a month or so due to work, but I'll do my best.

With all the love in the world, 

Alex. <3