Chapter Thirteen.

"Louis?" I groan, sitting up as I realize he's not in the bed. I looked over to the pillow Louis' head used to be on to see a note on it.

Katy,

Niall and I went out for a little, Liam and Zayn and Harry did the same but somewhere else, and Lauren and Simon went to pick out engagement rings. I love you, Kitten.

Xx, Lou.

I smile at the last sentence before walking downstairs and sitting on the couch. I reached over to the remote and turned the TV on.

"Louis Tomlinson has a girl?" The lady on the television started, catching my attention.

"The lads of One Direction have been seen spending quite a lot of time with the girl to the side, but it seems she's spending even more time with the one and only Louis Tomlinson. Who is this girl? None other than Katherine Grace Cowell. That's right, Simon Cowell's niece. If you look on our website, you'll see pictures of them together everyday since she got here. It's been rumored they're dating, and if you look to the side, you'll see them getting pretty cozy at Starbucks a couple of days ago. Go to our website and tell us what you think, Directioners." She finished with a smile before it changed to some reality show and I turned it off.

I didn't even notice pictures were being taken while we were out. I wonder what their fans are gonna think. Oh lord, what if they hate me? I don't know if I could take the hate.

BOOM

I jumped off the couch, scared and turned around toward the window. When did it start raining?

BOOM

I screamed and ran into the corner. I absolutely hate thunder storms.

I was startled when my phone began to ring. I walked over to it and smiled when Louis' name and picture popped up on my screen.

"Hey, Lou." I said before another loud boom erupted and I squealed and dropped to the ground.

"Katy, baby, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Louis rushed.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just-just don't like thunder storms." I answered, looking out the window.

"We're on our way home, okay? I love you, Kitten." He gushed.

Whoosh.

"W-what was that?" I ask, getting scared.

"What was what?" Louis asked.

"Something just ran in front of the big window in the living area." I start to shake.

"Close the curtains, lock the doors and windows, make sure you're safe. Don't leave or let anyone in. We have a key, we'll let ourselves in." He directed and I did as told. 

"Katy. Katy." A whisper said as I ran frantically passed the front door, locking it.

"L-Louis, did you hear th-th-that?" I question quietly.

"Hear what? Baby, we're almost home. Keep me on the l-" And with that, the phone died.

"Louis? Louis!?" I yelled the last one as I tapped on the phone time after time.

"Katy, it's me. I'm here to take you back." The voice spoke again.

"N-no. LOUIS!" I screeched as I ran up to my room and locked it.

Knock knock.

I kept hearing knocking on my window and I looked up from my hands in my crouched down position to see a face, darkened by a shadow.

"Aaahh!" I screamed as the face left and there was banging on the front door.

"Katy! Katy, let me in! I know you're here!" A deep guy voice yells from down stairs outside the front door.

"Louis, where are you?" I whimper as I cry.

"You're lucky your little boyfriend is coming down the street, but I will get you!" Was all I heard before people barged into the house.

"Katy!? Katy, where are you!?" I heard Louis shout frantically from downstairs.

I shot up at the sound of his, oh so missed, voice and ran down the hall.

"Louis!" I cried loudly and I stumbled down the steps and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Kitten, I'm so sorry. I love you so so so much. Are you okay? What happened?" He said into my hair as he held me up by my thighs.

"I l-l-love you." I stuttered and buried my face further into the crook of his neck.

"What happened?" Niall asked from beside us.

"Come on, baby." Louis cooed to me before carrying me to the couch and sitting down with me on his lap as Niall followed behind and sat on the love seat alone.

"H-he was here. I can't-I can't tell you who right now because if I do he will surely get me, but he's not a good person. Uncle S-Simon and Lauren know who-who it is. N-Niall, can you call Simon-n?" I asked.

"Of course, love." He replied as he got his phone out.

"I love you. I'm sorry I wasn't here to protect you." He whispered, playing with a strand of my hair.

"I love you too. And it wasn't your fault." I reassure him as I straddle him.

"Everyone's on their way back." Niall states, locking his phone and slipping it back into his pocket.

"Okay." I sighed.

~~~

"We're home! Katy, are you okay?" Lauren called as she ran over to me, Simon and the rest of the boys following behind all with worried looks.

"I-it was him. He was here! He said he-he was here t-to take me-me-me b-b-back." I cried.

"Who was here?" Liam asked concerned.

"Simon.." She trailed off as if she had just gotten the wind knocked out of her, looking at my uncle.

"It-it's gonna be okay. Are you sure it wasn't a dream?" He asked speechless.

"Simon!" Lauren gasped as everyone watched the whole scene unravel helplessly.

"No!" I shot up off of Louis, next to Lauren. "Don't play the crazy card! No, I'm not going there again! I'm not crazy! Why does everyone always think I'm crazy!? I'm not, and I wouldn't go back there even if I was! He was here! It wasn't a dream! HE WAS HERE!" I screeched the last sentence as we both got face to face with each other.

"Go back where?" Harry asked, his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Fuck, Simon! Look what you did!" Lauren screamed at him.

"I wasn't calling you crazy! It was a simple question! And don't you go playing the I'm all big and bad card! Because you're not! You're a stupid, fragile, broken, helpless, little girl!" We all gasped as we tried to process what he had just said. And by the look on his face, I could tell he regretted it as soon as he said it.

"Simon!" They all yelled in unison.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I pushed past him and ran up to my room, slammed the door, and locked it.

"Katy, baby!" I heard Louis call after me, but I didn't listen.

I slid down the door as I cried loudly. Everyone was yelling down stairs and Louis was banging on my door, calling out to me.

This is all too much. I can't take all of this.

"Katy, please! Open the door!" I heard Louis as I stood up.

I started trying to walk to my bathroom, but got dizzy. I tried to get my balance back, but I fell and hit my head on the edge of my bed -the hard part-. The room was spinning and I heard all the yelling and banging at my door and downstairs.

Suddenly all I saw was blackness.