Chapter Twenty.

Lauren's P.O.V

"You could take her out, but it might ruin your chances of her getting any better." Carter, the treasurer, tells Simon, Louis and I.

The cops had just escorted her and Skylar back to their room after getting the story of what happened. They recommended and extra thirty days in Cedar Ridge for Katherine. I'm not sure how well she'll take that, seeing as we don't even know how long she's gonna be in here in the first place. She's already attempted two or three times in a couple weeks, she might not be getting out of here in awhile.

"Simon, I don't know if we should.." I trail off, looking at him for guidance.

"Louis," He turns to the younger boy. "I think it might be best if-"

"No!" Louis shouts, cutting off my fiance. "We can't leave her here! I need her with me! I need her home!" He starts to sob.

"But, Louis-"

"Please, get her out of here! She hates it here! She wants to be with us, with me!"

"Exactly, she hates it because she's recovering; and most self-harmers, depressed people, or suicidal people don't want recovery. They believe it's a waste of time and that it won't help them, but in reality it does." Carter interrupts.

"She does want to get better, but at home with me-" He gets cut off by her again.

"Don't you see, Louis!? She doesn't want to get better! She's toying with your emotions so you'll get her out of here! That's what people in her kind of situation do. If we let her out, it's only going to get worse. Do you want that? Do you want to come home from a sound check one day and find her laying on the bathroom floor, an empty bottle of pills by her side, wrists bleeding, suicide note in hand if there is one, and dead? Do you want to find her like that!?" She screams, Louis says nothing.

"Answer me!"

"No!" He exclaims loudly, getting up from his chair and getting ready to storm out. "No, I don't! Okay!? Happy!?" He huffs before walking out and slamming the door.

"Now was that really necessary?" I ask softly.

"Do you want that?" She counters and I sigh.

"No." I answer.

"Well, then I suggest you leave my office." She orders rather rudely. Simon and I look at each other before getting up and leaving. We stalk through the halls and down to Katy's room where we find everyone waiting outside.

"Why're you-" I start only to have Liam cut me off. As if on cue, we hear a loud crash as if something broke in the room and we rush in there. Once we get in we see a broken lamp shattered on the ground and Katy on top of her older sister -who's on the ground- about to punch her.

"Katherine, oh my god!" I screech as two workers rush in. One dragging her off Skylar, and the other sticking a needle in her neck to sedate her.

"Katy.." Louis' voice cracks as he stares at her screaming from the ground, tears in both his and her eyes.

The mere sight breaks my heart. I've never seen a love as strong as theirs, especially as young as they are. I can tell they really love each other. I just hope Katy can get through her recovery. I don't know how much her or Louis can take. Louis has been a wreck ever since we had to put her in here, and God knows she hasn't been any better. I just want her cured of her diseases in her mind before they get any worse.

Katy's P.O.V

"You're pathetic, you know that!?" Skylar hisses as soon as the door to our room closes.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"You don't just pull a stunt like that when you want attention!" She shouts.

"You think I did that for attention!? Really!? You think I jumped off that fucking ledge for attention, expecting someone to catch me!?" I yell, throwing my hands in the air.

"Ha! Yeah, right! You're a total snob and no one wants you! I don't even understand why they're even trying with you! It's obvious they don't care! They just feel sorry for you." She spits. That's about as much as I can take before I pounce on her, taking her to the ground and knocking a lamp over, breaking it.

"You bitch!" I scream as everyone rushes into the room.

"Katherine, oh my god!" Lauren wails as two workers come in and drag me off of Sky, sticking a needle into my neck to calm me down.

"You're a liar!" My voice cracks and it sounds almost ghostly. "You're a liar!" I try to fight off the medicine as they lay my body back on the ground, my arms stretching out for her neck, but I start to feel my muscles go limp and tears brim my eyes. My breathing turns shallow and it burns my throat, my arms fall the the floor. She gets up, wiping the blood from her lip.

"You're-you're a...a..liar." That's the last thing I say as my eyelids get too heavy and I pass out to the sound of everyone screaming.

Louis' P.O.V

"Katy.." I whisper, my voice cracking as tears threaten to spill from my eyes.

Who is this Katy laying in front of me? Because it surely isn't the one I know and love. She's changed, or maybe this is the real her and I simply never saw it. I need my Katy back. She's in there, I know it. She'll get better, I know it. She wants to get better, I know it. She...oh, who am I kidding? I understand she needs help, but this place is only making it worse. She needs to be home, with me. Not stuck in some random hospital-looking room, waiting for her next break down.

She whimpers from the ground, passed out, wrapping herself into a ball.