Chapter Eighteen.

"How are you?" Samantha, my therapist, asks as we sit in en empty room.

"Fine." I say quickly, slouched back with my arms folded and looking down.

She sighs. "Katherine, you can't keep doing this if you want to leave anytime soon."

"Doing what?" I play dumb.

"Well, I've been seeing you everyday for the past five weeks and when I ask how you're doing all you say is 'fine.' And when I ask you something else you either don't answer or give me short, one word answers." She leans back in her chair.

"Sorry." I answer, not with a hint of sorriness in my voice.

"See!" She exclaimed.

"Can I go now?" I whine, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, I guess. But you know you're not going home this week." She tells me, shooing me off. I stand up, smooth my shirt, and walk out and down the hall and into my room that I share with Skylar, and our new roommate we got last week, Cindy.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Sky asks excitedly, hoping I get to leave. She was right, this place is weird. But I don't know exactly what she meant. All I'm saying is the workers and the patients are weird.

"What do you think?" I groan as I plop down onto my bed and she sighs.

"Kat, you've gotta get better so you can get out of here!" She grunts in frustration.

"I know, but- hey, where's Cindy? I haven't seen her all day." I ask utterly confused.

"I'm not sure...oh no. You don't think.." She trails off, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Sky, stop being so paranoid! No one is going missing!" I reassure her, walking out the door with her following behind.

"Katherine, you have people here to see you, love. They're waiting at one of the lunch tables." Says Micheal.

"Thanks." I replied, smiling at him and walking over to the table as Sky and her friends follow me. I sit across from Louis who has Harry on his left and Zayn on his right. To my right is Seth, Spencer, and Zander. To my left is Skylar, Paige, and Serena.

"Hello, love." Louis chirps, leaning over the table to peck my lips.

"Hi. This is Serena, Zander, Paige, Seth, Spencer, and Skylar...my sister." I hesitate saying the last part and Harry spits out his water.

"You have a sister!?"

"Uh..yeah." I say sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"H-how?" Zayn asks, gaping at me. "You never told us."

"Not here, not now."  I warn, shaking my head.

"Kat!" Sky exclaims, tapping my shoulder rapidly and looking over to the corridors. I hurriedly look to where she is to find Cindy looking beat up and defeated. Skylar and I rush over to meet her.

"Oh my gosh, Cindy, what happened!?" I rush as I grab her face to look at the damage.

"Th-th-they-" She gets cut off by the head of this 'fine' establishment, Ms. Marnie.

"Is there something wrong?" She asks, putting a hand on Cindy's shoulder and smiling as  she flinches.

"N-no!" Cindy says quickly, averting her eyes to the ground. "I was just going back to my room." Then she scurries back to the room. Weird.

"What was that about?" I ask Skylar quietly as we make our way back to our table. We sit down, everyone now listening in on our conversation.

"I told you weird stuff goes on here! I told you to start opening up to your therapist so you could get out of here quicker! It's dangerous here, Kay! It could be you next!" She shakes my shoulders. There it is, my second nick name. She always used to call me Kat or Kay.