Chapter Nine.

After Starbucks and the mall, we get home about 3:45 with tons of bags. He tells a hilarious joke, so we go in laughing our butts off.

"What's so funny?" Niall raises his eyebrows as he comes out of the kitchen holding a plate piled with food.

"Louis was just telling me this joke about-" I'm cut off by Zayn coming down the stairs in plaid pajama pants that hug his hips and no shirt on. His hair is a mess and his eyes are red and puffy. Has he been...crying?

He catches my eye and winks then walks into the kitchen.

"I'll be in my room." Louis says coldly and goes upstairs.

What just happened?

I shrugged and went into the kitchen to find Zayn cooking. He looks up from the stove and smiles at me. I return it. He opens his mouth as if he's about to say something, but shouting interrupts.

"Louis, lets go!" Liam calls from the other room up the stairs.

"Zayn, Katy! We're going out for awhile!" Simon shouts.

"I'd rather not leave them alone." Louis spits.

What is his deal?

"Louis, they'll be fine." Lauren insists.

He's upset, so I go into the entryway, where they are, and hug him tightly. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes. He's surprised at first, but then wraps his arms tight around my waist and puts his face in the crook of my neck.

"Please don't do anything with Zayn?" He begs into my hair.

Does he really think I'd do that? I hear him sniffle. Is he about to cry?

"I won't." I pause for a minute or so. "I promise."

"C'mon already." Niall whines and Lauren smacks him and tells him to shut it because we're having a moment.

He lifts his head and his eyes are glossy. He looks me in the eyes and leans down to place a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I'll see you in a little while, yeah?" He asks after he pulls away.

"Of course." I say quietly and give a small smile.

He gives me one more kiss on the for head and a tight hug before leaving. Now it's only Zayn and I. I walk back into the kitchen to talk since I'd rather not be alone with my thoughts.

"Hi." I say quietly while looking down.

"Hello, love." He chuckles with a smile.

"What're you cooking?" I ask, looking over at the skillet.

"Breakfast burritos." He replies. "Want some?"

"Uhm, sure." I state, remembering  I hadn't eaten since this morning.

"Lets eat in the living room, yeah?" He asks, handing me a plate.

I follow him and we sit down on the couch. I sat as far away from him as possible and he laughs.

"I'm not gonna bite you, love."

I laugh uncomfortably and scoot a little closer so I'm not as uncomfortable.

"These are good. Thank you." I smile.

"No problem." He assures me.

We sit there in silence for awhile, awkwardly.

"Why?" I ask, setting my plate on the coffee table in front of us.

"Why what?" He looks at me, setting his plate down also.

"Why'd you say all that stuff? Why do you even like me?" I say, looking down.

"Because you're the only thing that I see when we're all in a room together. Because you're you." He starts, then his voice gets low and seductive. "And I don't think Louis could ever make you feel the way I could."

"What?" I breath.

"Would he hold your hand like this? Or caress you like this?" His voice still low as he does all the things he's saying.

"Zayn.." I trail off in a whisper.

"Would he hold you like this?" He pulls me so close that there's no air in between us.

"I-" He cuts me off.

"Would he......kiss you...like this?" He leans down before my brain registers and presses a gentle, passionate kiss to my lips.

I try to push him off, but his grip only tightens. The kiss gets heated as I forget about everything except Zayn and I. He pulls me onto his lap and I wrap my fingers in his hair and tug. His tongue swipes my bottom lip, begging for the entrance that I grant immediately. His hands squeeze my waist slightly.

"Mmm, you make me so hard, Katy." He says, his lips against my neck.

My brain finally registers and I jump off of him as he looks confused.

"I-I'm sorry. We shouldn't be doing this, I-I'm with Louis." I stutter as I run upstairs and lock my door while he calls my name.

I can't believe I just cheated on Louis.

I fold myself in the blankets until I'm securely wrapped and cry myself into a nap.