27

I drove the route I always did when I needed my escape. Only this time, I wasn't doing it for me. It takes a good 30 minutes and it was starting to get dark. I pulled into a car spot, expecting to see another car, then I remembered he walked.

I get out of my car, walking down the pebble road and then off road, through the trees to my secret spot I showed Justin last time we were here. Few square metres of grass hanging off the cliff that looks over the city. A bit dangerous, yes, but I'd never be stupid enough to fall off the side. One day I might even build a small fence, who knows?

As I push the last branch away, there I find Justin, sitting on the grass with his knees bent and his arm draped around them as he looked out to the view. The noise I made as I stepped on a twig caused him to look over to me, at first with a worried expression, but that soon faded and a smile replaced it.

I didn't say anything, I walked over to him in silence and sat beside him, leaning my head on his shoulder. I suppose that was to comfort him? I could tell he wasn't okay just by looking at him. Hell, I could tell if he wasn't okay through his text messages after 4 months, reading him in person is easier than reading the 2 minutes noodle instructions. Just sayin.

After a few second his head leant down on top of mine and we sat there silently, watching the view as it got darker and darker rather quickly.

"You want to talk about it?" I say quietly, breaking the silence.

"I just..." he pauses, most likely trying to contain his anger or sadness, "I don't know why people think it's okay to just use me all the time."

He breaths out and I nuzzle into him a little more. Partly to show him that I understand and that I feel awful, but it's also fucking cold and Justin's is like an electric blanket I swear. Regardless he lifts his arm and wraps him around my shoulder. Kinda like "the move" but not in a sexual manner. Too bad.

"Like I know it's inevitable and I'll admit, most times I somewhat consent it to help them out. But sometimes I open my eyes and realise that all I am to most people is like....."

"An elevator?" I cut in and his head lifts to turn to me with a confused expression, "I don't know it seemed like a good metaphor, like they're using you to get higher I don't know..." he laughs and holds me tighter.

"I don't know what I did before you crept into my life, Grace," that made me smile. But me being me, I don't take compliments well, so I had to think of something to turn it around.

"You probably paid for a cheaper phone bill every month," fuck I hate myself. But he still laughed at my pathetic joke so that's all that matters.

"Touche"

I know it's probably a good thing I've distracted him from what was troubling him before, but I want to talk about it now so it doesn't get bottled up inside. I've seen that before and it ain't pretty.

"I know your life is completely different to mine, and I know I can't truly understand anything that you are going through, but I know for sure that you've got people who love you for you. As shitty as it all might be, you seem to be helping people no matter how awful it makes you feel and I admire you so much for that. But if you ever feel like shit, there are other people around. Myself included, heck I didn't even think the Justin I initially knew could afford a pair of Calvin Kleins let alone MODEL for them," he shakes his head and laughs softly before I continue.

"Point is, you're just Justin, to me at least and I'm sure to others, of course not to most of the world, like you are fucking incredible and I'd be lying if I said I didn't flip my shit on the inside when I first saw you at four seasons. But that can be a good thing! People look up to you an awful lot and he'll I'm sure some would marry you right here right now if they could. (Me lol) I mean, you always have to see the good in the bad, right? Gotta keep your positivity and what not." He smiles at me for a moment before speaking.

"I always wondered if you'd be as good at cheering me up in person compared to through text," I raise my eyebrows.

"Well?"

"I don't know how you do it, but you do it well," I blush and playfully push him. Bloody compliments, I tell ya.

"Just one thing you should remember," I say and his eyebrows raise a little.

I clear my throat, "lean on meeeeee, when you're not strooooonngg, I'll be your frieeeeenndd, I'll help you too caaaarryyy oooooonnnn," I sing loudly and with a bit of a grunt. I also like to wave my finger around like I know what I'm doing and that causes him to laugh.

"You know, you actually aren't that bad," he says, catching me off guard, "sing normally for a sec."

I scoff, "ya right, maybe in another lifetime"

"No seriously, please," I eyes widen and I nearly choke on my own saliva.

"I'm not singing for you, that's so embarrassing," I say rolling my eyes and looking out to the view. His eyes stay on me.

"But you just said that I'm normal to youuuu," I scoff again.

"Bitch, if you think sitting on a secluded hill in the dark with a friend and singing in front of them for no good reason is 'normal'," I turn back to him, "honey, you've got a big storm coming," and I click (lol I hope you've seen that vid or you won't get it RIP)

"Ugggghhh fine," he says as he puts his arm around me again, but nestles his head in my neck this time. We sit there for a little while in silence, admiring the view.

"I'll make you sing for me some time soon," he mumbles, breaking the silence. I groan and stand up pushing him off me and offer my hand out to help him stand.

"Time to go, superstar," I say and he takes my hand. Walking back to the car, we have to use our flashlights on our phone because we've been here for so long and it's now really dark.

"Thanks," he says as we get back into the walking path, walking side by side.

"For what?"

"I don't know, for being you I guess," he says and I blush.

"Stop complimenting me for fucks sake damn," I say pushing him playfully and he gives me a funny look, but doesn't play on it thank god. Too many heartfelts for tonight, I can't be bothered with starting up another...

•••

Thank you for 2k reads :))

Also, to all my ghost followers, SHOW YOURSELVES!! I just wanna know who y'all are <33