30

Y'all have spoken, time to fuck shit up

•••

"Holy guacamole!" I say as I walk around the studio. Justin laughs

"Guacamole, really?"

"If you don't like it then you can avocago to hell," oh I crack myself up.

"So have you thought of a song you wanted to try out?" I nod, still admiring the microphones and instruments set up all professional like. I spot the piano and walk over to take a seat behind it. Justin watches my every move.

Before I touch it, I look up to Justin who is a few metres away from me. Silently asking permission, if you will.

"Go for it," I take his approval and lift my finger up to the large, glossy, black piano I've only ever dreamed about. Living up to my name, I gracefully begin to play, closing my eyes, not singing yet.

A minute or so later, I stop, "okay, I think I'm ready," I say turning to Justin who was already fixated on me.

"Yeah, yeah, okay, cool, yeah, um," he says widening his eyes and fidgeting. I'm sorry, wtf is he doing, "uh do you need the piano? Or are you not playing an instrument or-"

I cut his frantic self off, "yeah I'll use the piano."

"Yeah just bring that microphone over there a bit closer to you, here actually I'll do it," he quickly walks over and moves it closer to my mouth. I watch his pathetic and yet incredibly cute self fumble as he does so and I can't help but giggle at him. Why is HE so nervous, I should feel like I'm about to piss myself, not him.

"Perfect, okay so I'll be outside with the guys, your headphones are there, just uh, yeah take your time and uh, relax and-"

"I think your the one who needs to relax, Jay"

"Oh um no no I'm fine, Gray, okay uh good luck, I'll be out there if you need me, okay cool," he says as he walks out with a thumbs up and a goofy smile. I shake my head and laugh silently as I watch him close the door and walk over to the guy sitting at he table full of a million switches.

It's completely silent now. Thank god I ate before hand or you would be able to hear my stomach growl so bad oml. I take a deep breath as I place the headphones on. Someone speaking to me through the headphones gives me a small fright and I jump a little causing them to laugh.

"When you're ready, Grace," they say and I clench my hands tightly before placing them ever so lightly upon the grand piano. I begin to play. I decided to play a song I originally wrote for my mum. It's from her perspective. She never heard it, but it means a lot to me either way. Especially because I experienced something similar with a guy I almost started dating, but let's not get into that now.

I take another deep breath and I close my eyes.

Oh well, here goes nothing...

"Stone cold,

Stone cold,

You see me standing but I'm dying on the floor,

Stone cold,

Stone cold,

I was your ember but now she's your shade of gold,

Stone cold, baby

God knows I try to feel happy for you,

Know that I am,

Even if I can't understand,

I'll take the pain,

Give me the truth,

Me and my heart,

We'll make it through,

If happy is her,

I'm happy for you,"

•cut to the end of the song because I ain't about to type the whole thing out bitch I'm lazy af•

"If happy is her," I belt as I stop playing the piano for more effect idk. I sound bomb and I fucking know it.

"I'm happy for you," and I play out the rest of the cords on the piano. Once finished, I drop my hands and regretfully turn my head towards the glass window separating the response that shall determine my possible future from me, with a hopeful glimmer in my eye. There stands 3 middle age strangers and Justin all wide eyed and frozen. After 30 seconds or so, I speak, "was that.... okay?"

Idgi was I shit and left them speechless or good? I thought I sounded okay what if I was actually horrible and left them brain dead bc I was so bad. Omg I was shitty, that's why they aren't talking omg this is so embarrassing, why did I come here this was the worst decision I've ever made I-

Mid thought I was cut off by the guy in front of the switches.

"That... was incredible..." he says slowly. My eyes flicker back and forth between Justin and that guy. Justin still hasn't moved.

"I... thank yo- can I.... I don't... can I go out there?" I say slowly because I don't take compliment well and he made it awkward and I'm speechless and so many emotions and I just want to see Justin.

"Oh yeah, yes, come out," he says and I almost immediately take off my headphones and speed walk to the door. All 4 guys watch my every move as I close the door behind me and turn to them.

"I don't know what to do or say, I'm a noob..." I say as I uncomfortably scratch my arm. The guy strangers laugh and Justin smiles, still not speaking. Honestly can he fucking NOT. Like he KNOWS I'm shitting myself right now GOD.

"You were incredible, I'm astounded," one of the guys says.

"Sorry, what are all of your names?"

"Chris," the same one says as he walks over to me and shake my hand. The one next to him follows.

"Michael," he says and shakes my hands.

"I'm Peter," the one in front of the switches says, "I'm still trying to figure out how you haven't been discovered yet..." I blush, not being able to handle all the compliments.

"Thank you..." fuck dude, I'm so pathetic. And Justin STILL HASNT SAID ANYTHING.

Peter types something's into the laptop quickly and then removes the USB that was plugged in.

"We're going to go into the back room to adjust a few things, it won't take too long, you were perfect," he says standing and the three men walk to the back room, leaving Justin and I alone. Maybe NOW he'll speak.

A minute or so goes by and he's legit just staring at me.

"Are you going to speak or what?" I say getting low key annoyed. His eyes widen a little more than before, if that's even possible.

"I'm just...." I raise my eyebrows. SPEAK BOY, FUCKING SPEAK! "I'm speechless..."

My expression drops. All is forgiven, young one. I open my mouth to say something but I'm interrupted by Peter and the other 2 men following behind him.

"It's finished!" He say holding the USB up.

"Already?" I say. That was 5 minutes TOpS.

"Yep, we'll run it for you now so you can decide on what you want to do. But if you ask me, you are going to be a superstar, girl."

His words take me by surprise. Me? A superstar?