28

I turn on the car and the radio immediately starts playing starboy.

"I fucking love this song," I say as I reverse out of the car park.

"I know right, how good is it?" Justin says, agreeing.

The rest of the song plays out and we mumble the lyrics, not really knowing what the fuck he is saying besides 'I'm a mother Fucking star boy'. Once it finishes, the next song begins and an extremely familiar tune plays causing Justin and I to snap our head towards each other.

"Everybody gets high sometimes you know," he sings cockily causing me to rolls my eyes dramatically.

"Dear lord, here we go"

"What else can we do when we're feeling low? Sing it!!"

"Nope"

"So take a deep break and let it go"

Fuck it, I love this song.

"You shouldn't be drowning on your own," I sing with him and I didn't really notice it but his eyes went a little wide.

"And if you feel your sinking, I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you," he wasn't singing anymore, only me. He just smiled and danced like a 3 year old next to me.

The song continued until it eventually came to an end and Justin turned the radio down causing me to turn to him, confused.

"You're an amazing singer, did you know that?" He says. Oh shit fucker, I forgot I was holding that in.

"Oh shit," I say, covering my mouth, " no that wasn't me, that was the radio."

He laughs, "why are you trying to hide it? You could be an amazing artist!"

"No no no no no no, see I'm more of a song writer, not a singer, you know so that wouldn't really work out for m-"

He cuts me off, "you WRITE music too?! Holy shit Grace, you have to let me take you to my studio!"

"No no no no no no no, see we just had that huge dnm up on the hill back there about people using you and I'm not about to contradict everything I told you, am I?"

"You're not using me if I'm making you do it!"

"No seriously, Justin, if I ever wanted to pursue a singing career, I'd want to do it on my own. Upload a YouTube video and get noticed by some creeper on the internet in the middle of the night, you feel?" He laughs.

"No no, that's just unheard of," he says, causing me to laugh as well, "Seriously though, Grace, at least just come in and record something. If you don't like it, I promise we'll burn it and throw it into the deepest pit in LA."

I think it over for a minute. Do I really want this? I mean it's always been a dream of mine to be a singer but it's been everyone's dream regardless of whether or not you're decent lol. Plus the fame thing really turns me off. Bloody look at Justin! .....I suppose I'm 20, not 12 like he was. But STILL.

Yet again, this is only to record, and I do have a whole book of songs at home crying out to be used for something other than a late night vent sesh from yours truly...what harms a little recording gonna do? I can back out if I want and pretend nothing ever happened. Just like me walking into McDonald the other night and ordering a large McChicken meal with a coke and a sweet and sour sauce. It might've happened, but it didn't really OK.