Chapter 6

***Carson's P.O.V.***

''Well, your rooms a bit dark,'' I giggled out when I first entered the Skype call with Louis. He was sitting on the other side with his sunglasses still on and his hair done in a way that was pretty messy but yet still cute. Then again, he always looked cute when I saw him. However, there was something about the way his hair and facial hair were done lately that was particularly appealing.

''Yeah, but I brought candles,'' he smiled before showing me one that was already lit. He almost dropped it in the process and I couldn't contain my laughter.

''Careful, wouldn't want you to burn the whole house down before dinner,'' I joked and he gave me a shy smile. ''You still got a hangover?'' I inferred due to the lighting and the candles, not to mention the shades.

''Yeah, a bit,'' he nodded.

''You sure you don't want to do this tomorrow when it's all cleared up?'' I wondered but he quickly shook his head.

''No, no, Elizabeth woke up an hour ago and managed to give me some more pain reliever without me even telling her I needed it. I should be good,'' he assured me and I gave him a small but happy smile. ''Anyway, what do you have?''

I showed him my chicken Lou Maine and he nodded, ''what about you?''

''Some left over Chinese food,'' he shrugged.

''I guess we had the same idea,'' I laughed.

''I guess so,'' he agreed before digging into his food. I did the same before I could even consider how unflattering eating greasy Chinese food would look on a computer screen. Oh well, might as well just stuff myself with MSG if Louis is doing it too, right? ''So, how's it going in Paris?''

''Great, Alex is trying to get me to go to a college here because he says he needs more friends,'' I informed him and even though I couldn't see his eyes, his eyebrow raised.

''You haven't been to college yet?'' he questioned.

''Nope, I had a few other things to take care of and college wasn't first on my list,'' I replied nervously as I picked at my food slightly.

''Oh, are you going to go to college now?''

''I don't know, I was considering it. I would like to be able to relate when Elizabeth tells me all of her stories about college...'' I trailed off thinking about the idea, ''there is this wonderful little community college in New York that I've been looking at. I don't know if I'd want to spend more than a year there but it could be fun.''

''What about Uni?'' he supplied and I cocked my head at him.

''The college that Elizabeth is going to? What about it?'' I queried.

''Well, their courses are okay, it's party life is supposed to be good, and you'd be going to the same place as Elizabeth,'' he shrugged even though there was a hopeful smile tugging at his lips.

''It would get me out of my parent's house,'' I nodded, ''but the semester is already closed and I don't even have a job.''

''You could always wait until the next semester, right? Plus, you don't need a job,'' he stated and I raised an eyebrow.

''I don't?'' I challenged, ''isn't that kind of the main thing about college. Get a job to pay rent on an apartment. I can only imagine how much an apartment in London would cost. My parents might be rich, but I'm not a minor anymore and they're eventually going to get tired of me asking for money.''

He put his plastic tub of Chinese food to the side before adjusting the screen a bit, ''I meant... you could stay at my place with me. You'd be even closer to Elizabeth than.''

''Yeah? How do you figure that?'' I wondered based on his assumptions. Elizabeth could potentially get an apartment on the other side of town. Or get a dorm.

''It's obvious that she's going to end up staying here with Harry once she's back for Uni. He'll probably ask her eventually, and he wont take no for an answer.''

''Oh yeah?'' I laughed.

''Yeah, so why not?''

I looked back down at my food before looking back up at him with a conflicted expression. ''I don't know, Louis...''

''C'mon, it'd be fun!'' he exclaimed happily before wincing which made me chuckle a bit.

''I'll think about it,'' I finally answered and he smiled widely at me. I was starting to like Louis, a bit more than a friend, and I was afraid that if I stayed with him I might just make things harder on myself. Sadly, this offer would probably end up being a no.

''Just tell me when you make up your mind.''

''I will,'' I assured him before we both went back to our food. ''Any news on my poor sick friend and her cheeky boyfriend?''

''Well,'' he started, ''Harry hasn't left her room since she went back in there an hour ago and I went in there to check on them before I signed on. I think Harry fell asleep next to her bed because he was just laying there and unless she snores I'm pretty sure I'm right.''

I shook my head with a giggle, ''they're too cute. Don't forget to keep me updated on them.''

''You can count on me, I'll give you all the latest new on Harrabeth,'' he told me with a salute and I almost choked on my food while I laughed.

''Harrabeth? You already came up with a ship name?'' I wondered and he nodded proudly. This boy was too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo, update! I hope to update this a lot more to speed it along. Might not update until after Thursday though and I'll be off of Wattpad all of Christmas break unless I decide to get back on after Christmas. I'll think about it... Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Oh, and I cant possibly be the only one that thinks that Louis has looked absolutely fantastic with the new look, right? I mean, he's always looked fantastic but: wow!

-cow_queen