Chapter 36

***Louis’ P.O.V.***

“1…2…3!” Elizabeth called before she tossed the bouquet into the air and the group of girls jumped for it. It was a blur of blue dresses, hair, and skin as the girls crowded around whoever had caught the colorful flowers. All of the guys around me were chuckling at the scene, and I joined them. You see, Elizabeth had sent things up rather efficiently; she was sitting in a chair when she threw the bouquet because the next thing to do was the garter toss. So, Harry was in front of her while watching the girls and bouquet, and all of the bachelors were stood in a group while awaiting their turn; I stood with them all, and Alex stood beside me.

The bouquet and its holder emerged from the group of girls. My smile widened just slightly when I saw the familiar head of blond hair. She wore a mortified look on her face. Mortified? Yes, mortified. I could tell what was going through her head. You see, the rules were that whoever got the bouquet would take the bride’s place on the chair after the garter toss for a rather awkward part. For everyone else’s amusement, the bouquet catcher would sit back while the bachelor who caught the garter put it onto her leg. She didn’t look like she was looking forward to it. I couldn’t help but to think that the boy who caught the garter would be lucky.

Elizabeth sat back in her chair, and Harry kneeled in front of her. He looked so embarrassed as everyone egged him on. Pushing up her dress, he looked up at her as if to ask for her permission to do anything else. “Use your teeth!” I called out just to tease him, and he sent me a glare before looking back at Elizabeth. Surprisingly, he leaned forward and actually did use his teeth to pull the garter down her leg. The boys and I all gave our own wolf whistles, and it was hilarious to watch his face heat up. Alex was laughing hysterically, and Elizabeth even seemed to be amused by it.

Once the garter was off, Harry leaned up to press a kiss to Elizabeth’s lips, and then he stood up to his full height. After throwing a devious look towards me, he turned around and tossed the garter into the air. All of the boys were shouting and it went by in a bit of a blur, but the blue garter hit my chest like a feather and dropped down into my hands. Harry glanced over his shoulder to see who had caught it, and a smirk wandered onto his lips when he saw my stunned expression. That cheeky little s***.

I could feel Alex give me a pat on the back while he laughed, and Niall-who was behind me-gave me a slight push towards where the chair was. Carson was gaping slightly, and she was pushed down into the seat by Elizabeth. Harry was walking my way as I walked up to the chair numbly, and he stopped me by putting his hand on my shoulder and whispering into my ear, “don’t forget to use your teeth.” And with that, he let out a pleased laugh before joining the group of boys.

I made my way to Carson; she was picking at the bouquet nervously, and I wasted no time in kneeling in front of her. The whistles from the boys were filing the air along with the giggling of the girls. I was aware of all of the eyes that were focused on us, but I looked up at Carson. “You’re okay with this?” I asked her.

She nodded, “let’s just get it over with.” I nodded, fixing the garter in my hands as she stuck her leg out for me to grab. Gently, I took the heel of her foot and slipped the fabric onto her foot and then to her leg. Then, after looking over at Harry and sticking my tongue out at him, I caught some of the fabric with my teeth and pulled the garter up the rest of the way. Carson managed out a strained laugh, and I set her leg down carefully on the floor. I’m sure that she was thankful that she was wearing flats, because it made it easier on the both of us when I held my hand out to help pull her onto her feet. She stumbled into my chest slightly, and I helped to steady her.

“Sorry about that,” I whispered to her with a small smile. I’m pretty sure that the crowd of people watching was diminishing by then; the DJ had announced something but I wasn’t really listening. I was too busy looking down at the beautiful girl in front of me.