Chapter 30

***Louis’ P.O.V.***

Everything hurt. My head was killing me and oh my gosh was I about to shoot the next person who screamed something. Things from the night before were very blurred in my memory. I hadn’t done anything too bad; Harry confirmed that I hadn’t gone off with any girl during any part of the night. In fact, he said that I was approached multiple times and was able to fend off all of the attempts at a come on. Unfortunately, he said that I had talked his ear off about Carson when he had driven me back to my flat.

The sun was way too bright outside at the venue we were at, and I could hear kids being too loud nearby. Why were they screaming? God, it was beyond annoying. Plus, my back hurt and I couldn’t figure out why. Well, I vaguely remembered falling off of the karaoke stage last night. Maybe I had fallen harder than I thought.

“Elizabeth,” I heard a familiar voice whine from nearby. I turned to see who it was and squinted so that I could see past the sun that my sunglasses weren’t managing to block out. I chuckled to myself when I saw a gruff looking Alex sitting in one of the chairs set up for the big day tomorrow. He had shades on like I did, and he was slumped in his chair so that the sun wouldn’t be in his eyes. I had seen Niall in a similar state earlier. There was no doubt in my mind that Liam and Zayn would be in the same shape when they arrived.

I made my way over to the siblings with a smile on my lips; I wanted to listen in on whatever spat they were about to have. “Do not Elizabeth me,” she replied while digging through her purse for something, “if you didn’t want a headache in the morning than you shouldn’t have gotten drunk in the first place.” Alex groaned in reply at first, but before he could say anything he saw that Harry and I both were making our way over.

“Harry, can you tell Elizabeth-,” Alex started while rubbing at his temples.

Before Alex was able to continue, Harry jumped to speak, “whatever she said, she’s right.” Elizabeth let a smile take over her lips, and she looped her arms around Harry neck to give him a quick peck on the lips. Harry’s giddy smile and Alex’s groan were enough to make me chuckle. Elizabeth looked over at me, just seeming to notice that I was there, and she rushed over to me while continuing to search through her bag for what she had been looking for before.

“Oh, Louis, are you alright? I heard you drank a lot last night; need any medicine?” she fretted. Beyond her, I could see Alex with a disbelieving look on his face.

“You have got to be kidding me,” he grumbled.

“Oh hush, Alex,” she snapped back even though it was obvious that they were both joking with each other now. “You okay, Louis?”

“Yeah, thanks for worrying,” I chuckled, “I had medicine when I left my flat.” She gave me a smile and patted my head. Soon, she was swept away from me to go over to the group of bridesmaids who were huddled together close by. Niall, Zayn, and Liam-the latter two had just arrived at the venue-made their ways over to us. It only made sense that they had arrived with their respective girlfriends who were the bridesmaids (well, Niall and Liam had, but Zayn didn’t have a girlfriend. If I was correct he had brought his crush as a plus one, though). Them and Alex had started up their own conversation, and I had turned to Harry after seeing that there seemed to be one bridesmaid missing.

“Hey, Harry,” I called to him, and he turned his gaze away from where it had been focused on Elizabeth in order to focus on me. “That black haired girl over there; is she the bridesmaid I’ll be walking with?” I asked while motioning over to the small crowd of girls.

He looked back over and then shook his head, “no, Zayn’s walking with her.”

“Then who am I walking with?” I questioned while my brows furrowed. My eyes went back over to the group of girls in order to count them again. Sure enough, there was one missing from them, and that meant that we were one short for the rehearsal wedding.

"You, uh- do you hear that? I think Elizabeth is calling for me," Harry mumbled while darting his gaze back to Elizabeth and the girls. I didn’t see Elizabeth looking back towards him, though, and I hadn’t heard anything. So, I shook my head with a frustrated sigh and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Harry, I don’t hear anything; what's the girl's name?" I persisted

"I really should go see if Elizabeth is alright," Harry insisted while scratching the back of his neck and keeping his eyes on his lovely bride to be.

"Harry," I groaned.

"It'll be fine; Elizabeth sent her on some errands today, but you'll see her tomorrow at the wedding," Harry told me before jogging over to where Elizabeth was standing with the other girls. I let out an aggravated groan and shook my head at his difficult behavior.