~Chapter Two~

Lucy's (POV)

         "Alright Alex! Let's go get you settled into your new home." I walk inside, Alex trailing along behind me.

          I'm not quite sure what to think about Alex to be honest.

Tulip had emailed me about three weeks ago saying she had a favor to ask. So I called her up, and it turns out she wanted to know if I was still interested in being a foster parent. I told her that I was, but just hadn't gotten around to finding anyone or doing the paperwork.

         So she sends me this:

           -Alex Rider
           -15
           -all relatives deceased
            Medical Evaluation;
           -PTSD, Abdominal Trauma, Depression

           That's all she could send. Apparently all his personal information is "Classified." Didn't even have a picture of the boy.

Tulip had specifically said that it couldn't be just anyone that took Alex in. She apparently was a friend of one of his relatives and couldn't just watch him get wheeled off to some orphanage.

          It took me about a week to make up my mind. 

I was going to say no at first. Thinking, I can't bring in some foreign boy that I don't know anything about besides a few facts. Or how he even has PTSD for heavens sake.

I wouldn't know what to do.

           But then I thought about all those poor children all across the world that don't have any parents, or anyone to look after them for that matter.

And I decided that this is a chance, a chance for me to do something right in the world.

No one deserves to grow up without someone to care for them, to love them.

           So I talked it over with my husband. He was a bit reluctant at first, wanting to know why his information was classified. But he's a real sweetheart and soon gave in.

           After all, we always wanted to be foster parents.

           So I phoned Tulip our answer. She was extremely grateful and a bit relieved if I'm being honest, going on to tell me that she could bring him up in about two weeks. And if everything works out during summer break, then she'll personally get him signed up for school.

          And that's how I became a foster parent.

         I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting when they showed up. But Alex looked nothing like how I imagined him to be.

Judging by how much taller he is then me, I'd say he's probably about 5 foot 10. Dirty-blond hair hangs in his eyes, falling down to his ears and ending to where it just barely brushes the back of his shirt collar in a messy style. He seems rather skinny, almost to the extent he looks unhealthy. But I can still make out the obvious signs of an athletically active person.

I also noticed he has a thin, white scar that goes up the right side of his neck. Ending up behind his ear.

           But what stuck out the most, are his brown eyes. They to put it shortly; looked like they had seen far too much for any fifteen year old.

           Now I'm showing Alex the kitchen.

        "Alex, this is the kitchen." I wave my hand around to indicate the room like he wouldn't be able to identify it himself, looking back over at Alex.